Good workout DVD's ?

Options
I would like to order some workout DVD's to add on to the gym a couple times a week. There is a January challenge going on starting jan 2, and that is the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. Im going to do that one so does anyone have any reviews on it ?

What are some of your favorite workout DVD's? Anything good for the bum? ( rounder) haha :blushing:
Taking all suggestions :) Thank you

Replies

• ChristyU74
    ChristyU74 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the Bob Harper Biggest Loser Weight Loss DVD's. There's a yoga and a boot camp DVD. You can customize the workout to have any of the 3 levels, plus the warm up and cool down. He's also got an extreme cardio DVD, which is pretty intense. Tons of lunges and squats to get that booty in shape!
  • SamBuck123
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the Bob Harper Biggest Loser Weight Loss DVD's. There's a yoga and a boot camp DVD. You can customize the workout to have any of the 3 levels, plus the warm up and cool down. He's also got an extreme cardio DVD, which is pretty intense. Tons of lunges and squats to get that booty in shape!

oh great thank you!
  • MeganRhea_x
    MeganRhea_x Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've heard great things about 30 day shred! I'm hoping to start it soon. If you have the money.. Insanity is a great workout DVD program!
  • Sunshine_Bettie
    Options
    I liked Tom Holland's exercise DVDs. He does proper squats that work every angle, so it helps the bum. He does more of a circuit training with a bit of cardio in between a lot of weight training. I find him to be motivational as well. I saved money by going to the library and renting different ones, but he was my favorite one to rent :)
  • thinnerisstronger
    thinnerisstronger Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam! I recommend Turbo Jam to pretty much everybody! I have several friends who are not big on working out but still love turbo jam. It's a kickboxing type of video and it is so much fun.
    Turbo Fire is pretty good too! It's like doing turbo jam on 1.5x speed.
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I have Jillian Michaels 6wk6pk and her killer buns and thighs. The B&T I thought was a little easy at first, I added weight and lord two days later my bum is killing me!
  • liveletl0ve
    Options
    INSANITY!!! ALL THE WAY! ive done EVERYTHING jillian michaels, turbo fire, brazil butt lift, slim in 6, tae bo, and hip hop abs (which was a favorite of mine when i was a beginner) insanity will get u results and u will get them FAST.
  • Queenbee412
    Options
    I like all the Jillian Michaels DVDs :)
  • mrshmiller9
    Options
    I love Denise Austen- she has a mix of yoga and Pilates that's awesome and that with turbojam is how I lost weight before baby #2. I really like 30 day shred it's killer. But everything depends on what you like.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I COULD TALK ALL DAY ABOUT DVDS, HAHA!

Upper Case is tacky, haha. But seriously, I love ALL JM dvds, I have the kettlebell, shred, ripped in 30, boost metabolism, yoga, 6week 6pack.

I have turbofire and chalene extreme from beachbody (bought off ebay for much less)

Bob Harper's kettlebell workout sucked to me, to be honest

The Firm has a nice collection of newer and older dvds as well
  • RaiofSoLeil
    RaiofSoLeil Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I noticed a definite change in shape and rounding of my rear end after doing power 90 and power 90 fat burning express. i look at the lift sometimes and laugh out loud and i only did that for 3 weeks, but i did both of them every day for 3 weeks. hope to get back on it soon!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    I am lukewarm on Jillian Michaels, especially 30 day shred (I tried the metabolism boosting cardio today and it was a bit more fun). My all-time favorite is Tae Bo. Yeah, I know, this isn't the 90's :laugh: But it's what I have fun with.

In all honesty, though, it's totally dependent on your style and personality. My best advice is to go to the library and check out DVDs. It's free, and if you love it you can renew it a few times or even buy it; if you hate it you take it back with no money lost. It also makes it really easy to change up your routine regularly without spending a ton of money.

You can also get a lot of DVDs from Netflix, and even many in instant play (if you have an account already, it's a really great way to try stuff for basically free).
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Oh I love Tae Bo and I have a ton of vhs tapes of his,lol, and also the newer bootcamp elite series :) They tone your booty since alot of it is kicks and punches. I have Banish Fat,Boost Metabolism (Jillian Michaels)but that one is mostly cardio and gets your sweating like crazy. I also have the ripped in 30 (jillian michaels again)that I did week 1 of yesterday and it was a good workout too! I like Bob Harper but I'm not a huge fan of his style but I've only done one of his workouts and everyone was all over the place,it was confusing to my simple mind!!

I think you should just try out a few...I bought a lot of my tae bo videos from a thrift store :) I love thrift stores though and always have!
  • lovinbutterflys
    lovinbutterflys Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    INSANITY!!! ALL THE WAY! ive done EVERYTHING jillian michaels, turbo fire, brazil butt lift, slim in 6, tae bo, and hip hop abs (which was a favorite of mine when i was a beginner) insanity will get u results and u will get them FAST.
    I have done all these as except the turbo fire. I have to agree I LOVE INSANITY i am going into day 5. It is seriously the best. I love me some jillian michaels I have 5-6 of her dvd but you will not get the same results as Insanity!! I am still a fan of brazilian butt lift it will get youa tight bum as well. But I still say Insanity all the way!
  • SamBuck123
    Options
    I have done all these as except the turbo fire. I have to agree I LOVE INSANITY i am going into day 5. It is seriously the best. I love me some jillian michaels I have 5-6 of her dvd but you will not get the same results as Insanity!! I am still a fan of brazilian butt lift it will get youa tight bum as well. But I still say Insanity all the way!

I will deff check it out thank you!
  • Ashley121205
    Ashley121205 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    For the bum they have workout dvd's called The Butt Bible by Pauline Nordin :) That's what she focuses on ! It's a good workout too.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I like Zumba because it's fun and a great calorie burner. For the bum, I'd suggest Brazillian Butt Lift.
  • jernigan51
    Options
    I had great results with her 30 Day Shred! I also really love her Yoga DVD!
  • kenyonsmom10
    kenyonsmom10 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    INSANITY!!! the best! In the 8 weeks I went from 27% body fat to 22% :) Its a GREAT workout!! message me if you want info :)
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm a BIG fan of Chalene Johnson -- Turbo Fire, Turbo Jam & ChaLEAN Extreme are all part of my favorites collection :)