Kinda new, need some tips to stay motivated

Options
I've used this app once before for a little while, but just got started again. Really trying to lose some weight for my sister's wedding in May. I'm really bad about going out to eat and am trying to get better about cooking at home more. Any tips or advice are very appreciated!

Replies

• Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Get a group of friends with like goals and interest. Find a form of fitness that you enjoy doing.
  • downtownstazi
    downtownstazi Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Something that I always preach to myself.
    Drink water! The more the better.
    The trick is to make yourself full with water.
    Drink a glass before each meal.
  • ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Well I've been a little discouraged since the holidays came around but I can give you tips that worked for me in the past. High protien, 20g per meal. I usually drink protien shakes and pack protien bars, This keeps me out off of the fast food. I eat Kashi cereal tons of protien. Nuts, egg whites, low fat cheeses...I also bake a whole chicken at the begining of the week and make foods for myself out of that all week. I like tilapia. I tried drinking 16 cups of water a day and doing 1 hr of cardio a day (really hard) Weights 3x per week and pilates 2x per week. Maybe that why I'm discouraged. But it works really well...
  • GrandmasterZiggy
    Options
    just take everything a day at a time. Have a long term goal but set weekly goals and strive to meet them. When you put in your food put in everything and review it at the end of the day. this helps me get a sense of where I may be indulging a little TOO MUCH, like sweets, darn those sweet tarts. But getting MFP friends helps keep you motivated and encouraging them results in a more positive outcome for you because your helping others stay motivated too.
  • MrFatLegs
    MrFatLegs Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start watching the Rocky movies before I go to the gym.. I'll let you know if it's motivating.