Blue Jean Epiphany

Options
The day I made the decision to lose weight was truly an epiphany. Two years ago, i was in a high end blue jeans store with my children buying them school clothes and I always considered myself a young, hip mom. In my narcissistic need to feel young I decided I was going to buy some jean too not realizing that I had not worn a pair of jeans in four years. Sweatpants and stretch pants were my new uniform and I had a philosophy if I can still fit them wear them, ignoring the fact I had not truly took a look in the mirror from the neck down. When I went to look on the shelves, I noticed they did not have my size on the shelf because 4 years ago, I was a perfect size 8. The sales gentleman immediately made the following comment, “Oh, I think we have jeans your size on the top of the shelf or you can always order them on line.” He then proceeded to get the ladder to climb the top of the scaffold and lighting to get me a size 12 which could not even get over my knees in the end. Out of embarrassment and principle, I purchased those jeans thinking one day, I will fit those jeans. I then went on a mission that would take me six months, two fad diets, and deprivation to gain an additional 10lbs to my frame and except the fact that I was already getting older; I may as well be fat too. On 28 Jan 2010, I remember the day like it was yesterday, I got up, made a cup of coffee, ate a yogurt and began an aggressive fitness and eating program, and I took a friends advice and started taking accountability for all the food I ate in a day and found out that was my X factor. When I was down, sad, mad, or just plain cranky, I would use food as a tool to make me feel better and it was a tool for comfort. At 185lbs, I had managed to lose 25 before I began the MyFitnessPal. Once I began that program, I began to see results and got closer to my goal and can finally wear those jean. :laugh:

Replies

• beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Way to go getting into those jeans! I have a tight denim skirt with the tags on still...working towards fitting into it. :)
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Forever in Blue Jeans, Baby!!!

Love me some Neil Diamond. And so "fitting" for your victory.
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    *claps* Good job :))

I have this one shirt that I bought. I can fit into it but its that strechy material and its rather unflattering. Its red and its my Sexy Red shirt and by god I will fit into it! :))
  • sarahlovestorun
    sarahlovestorun Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    love stories like these :) you're such an inspiration!
  • dkueter94
    Options
    YAY!!! Congratulations on not only getting into those jeans but sticking with it and doing it for yourself! That's such a wonderful feeling! :)
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing :)
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting into them! I have a size 7 pair of jeans (a big 7 though) and a dress (super sexy little red dress) that I am working towards. I hope I can post a success story of my own soon!
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    good for you! jeans are always my goal and i am trying to get back into some of mine right now!
  • dawsonsed
    dawsonsed Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You inspire me every day, my friend!
  • chaslee
    chaslee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you soooo much and it feels good tohave a group of people who can truly relate to my journey.
  • chaslee
    Options
    I got ten hits on my story, I am tooo shocked. I guess it struck a nerve.
  • chaslee
    Options
    It is a wonderful feeling and thank you so much for the support, I still have a long road to go before I decide to put a camera in my face lol. Enjoy the rest of your day.
  • Finally22
    Finally22 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I too am waiting to get into my jeans - thanks for sharing!!!! Good for you!
  • LolaGotThin
    LolaGotThin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I can't WAIT until I can get back into my True Religions and 7 for all Mankinds!! I haven't bought anything besides cheap-o jeans from Old Navy because I keep swearing this is temporary.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!