New Years Resolutions?

Options
Do you make new years resolutions? I do - every year. Apparently while 52% of those who make them are confident of their success, only 12% actually acheive their goals!!

I think it's important to either make one BIG one and stick to it. Or make a few little ones that you will keep on top of. Last year I made a resolution to lose weight. I was unsuccessful. So this year I'm going to write it down....

My New Years Resolutions are:
1) Lose 2 stone. That means I need to be losing at least 2 pounds a month. Sounds like nothing - but when I lost nothing this year, I think it's important to start small.
2) Keep my money in check. I have made a spreadsheet that I can update daily with money coming in and going out.
3) Be more organised. I have asked for a diary for Christmas. I need to keep on top of that this year. Every date of direct debits, assessments, work shifts, birthdays, events will be going in this diary. This will be one load of stress off my chest.

So what are everyone elses resolutions?

Replies

• AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Start p90x and finish it this time!!!
  • wyldweazel
    wyldweazel Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I make new year resolutions every year. Usually it is the same thing... every year. Every year I fail. It occurred to me that this year... I need a new resolution. :happy: I think this year I may do a more specific resolution. Maybe... "Ride Egypt Valley (Mountain Bike trail) 6 times a month.
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    for me just to use the gym and lose a lb a week :)
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I just have about a stone left to lose so my resolution is to lose that and I want to stay living independently, (I'm a wheelchair user) which was last years goal to still be live independently and be around the same mobility wise.. I actually exceeded that as I'm fitter this year after losing 2 stone and now able to do more games than I could this time last year. .. so I know I can do it if I put my mind to it!