Any advice

Today I ended up breaking my leg, but I don't want to slouch off. I already did that for a week (almost 2) when I had a very bad allergic reaction to the flu shot. Does anyone have any exercise advice that I can do to at least keep the pounds at bay?

Replies

• edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    I have heard that boxing is great when you have a lower body injury but I would consult your doctor.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    If you're just concerned with keeping weight off or maintaining, you don't need to exercise. It can be done with calorie restriction alone.
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Ouch! What about some upper body weight workouts? And getting around on crutches may be slow but it does take a lot of effort so keep on moving within the limits of your injury.
  • Thank you everyone for the advice
  • Art63
    Art63 Posts: 87
    Please be careful and diligent to perform doctor approved exercises like stretching after the cast is removed. This is important so as to not allow blood clots to form. Clots are not usually a concern to us but when part of the body is imobilized for weeks the blood circulation in that area is poor and needs to be built back up slowly and carefully. Just something to keep in mind. In the meantime, enjoy your Christmas and track that food intake. Good luck to you.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    3 words for ya... "macros" and "total calories"

Talk to you doctor, focus on healing and eating right and you'll be fine.