Running

Options
Just plugged the treadmill in this weekend and started running! I'm a pretty active person and workout regularly minus the running--does it get easier the more I do it? My who body HURT so bad the next day!

Replies

• dnd858
    dnd858 Posts: 64
    Options
    Just plugged the treadmill in this weekend and started running! I'm a pretty active person and workout regularly minus the running--does it get easier the more I do it? My who body HURT so bad the next day!
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    running is hard! i know what you mean, i joined a softball team and realized how out of shape i was! ... i think it gets easier with time. you will build up your endurance and it will get easier!
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I went out for a run with a collegue of mine on thursday last week and boy did it hurt.. when i go to the gym and im on the treadmill i usually stop when i feel like my body is going to collaps.. and thats usually only after about 10 mins.. soo anyways we went out and did 2 1/2 miles of road running... my feet were the ones that paid for it.. i had blisters all down the sides.. hurt a lot!!

Good luck with it though.. im sure you will find it easier with time

Katherine :heart:
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Keep at it! It DOES get easier over time!:smile:
  • blum0133
    blum0133 Posts: 88
    Options
    Yeah it def gets easier with time. I actually think running outside is a lot harder than on the tredmill.
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it is definitely a whole body workout and you can potentially feel good soreness all over. That's why I like it so much. I've been running outside about 4x per week, plus a couple other semi-aerobic activities throughout the week, and the weight is falling off faster than I thought it would. I keep adjusting my goal because I keep losing more than I thought I'd originally need to.

It will not only get easier, but if you stick with it I think you may start to really enjoy it. When you're able to actually run at a good pace & not have pain (joint or tissue pain) it's very liberating, especially outside I think.

Good luck! :happy:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    You need to start with a training program. Couch to 5k is a great starting point or go to runnersworld.com and look under training tabs for a schedule that will work for you.

biggest mistake newer runners make is trying to do too much too soon!

And you need to find a good core program.

It will get easier the more you do and a training program will help you get there faster. Also keep in mind you should increase your distance or time by no more than a recommended 10% per week.

:drinker: