What are some of your favorite songs to dance to?

deb_ge
deb_ge Posts: 87 Member
edited November 2023 in Fitness and Exercise
I notice some of you are using dance as a workout. I love that, too, but I have not as yet put it into play. I am kind of waiting for our Northern Thailand winter to set in, when I may not feel like getting into a swimming pool after a 50 degree night. (BRRRR)

Any way...some great tunes I have danced to in the past:

Play That Funky Music White Boy
The Punjabi Song ( AWEsome for a belly dance feel)
Dance to the Music
Let's Get It Started by the Black Eyed Peas
All the Small Things ( my son helped me find that one...it is GREAT for jumping
Mony Mony
La Bamba

Any other great ones?????

Replies

• deb_ge
    I notice some of you are using dance as a workout. I love that, too, but I have not as yet put it into play. I am kind of waiting for our Northern Thailand winter to set in, when I may not feel like getting into a swimming pool after a 50 degree night. (BRRRR)

Any way...some great tunes I have danced to in the past:

Play That Funky Music White Boy
    The Punjabi Song ( AWEsome for a belly dance feel)
    Dance to the Music
    Let's Get It Started by the Black Eyed Peas
    All the Small Things ( my son helped me find that one...it is GREAT for jumping
    Mony Mony
    La Bamba

Any other great ones?????
  • cardgrl
    cardgrl Posts: 175 Member
    Kanye West - Stronger
    Clarence Carter - Stroke
    Orgy - Blue Monday
    Jet - Cold Hard B**CH
    Buckcherry - Crazy B**CH
    Just a few more...they get me going!
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    I love Michael Franti And Spearhead, the disc "Yell Fire", is my favorite CD right now and has some excellent tunes to dance to.
    Any of the best of world dance, Trinidad, Cuba, African, Arabian, gypsy, - the list goes on are great - light some candles, grab a scarf and whirl around the room (and all that dancin' should allow you just one glass of wine!)
    Baka Beyond has a few good dance tunes
    Xavier Rudd is mellow for just chillin' and relaxin' (chillaxin') but his song Footprint is good
    Transglobal Underground - like some of their later stuff - some great dance tunes
  • I like to dance/ exercise to oldies music. It's alot more upbeat than alot of today's stuff. Me and my kids look pretty funny!!!
  • I like to dance/ exercise to oldies music. It's alot more upbeat than alot of today's stuff. Me and my kids look pretty funny!!!
  • deb_ge
    Those are great ones! I also love anything latin with a strong salsa beat. Really gets me moving. Housework goes so much faster with great music playing and I can really break a sweat! I amke housework part of my cardio.
This discussion has been closed.