Mini Chipotle-Spiced Turkey Meat Loaves -Jennie-O - As Seen

Options
I made Mini Chipotle-Spiced Turkey Meat Loaves with Jennie-O as seen on the Biggest Loser last week. Yummy!! Next time I will use a "small" onion, a tad less chipotle sauce (spicy), plus mine made 12 mini muffin size servings!! Lunch and dinner for the week!! I served with Green Giant - Corn Steamers!

Jenny-O website!!
http://www.jennieo.com/recipes/recipe_detail.aspx?Id=4709

Ingredients
FOR MEAT LOAF:
1 small yellow onion, coarsely chopped
1 medium carrot, peeled and coarsely chopped
1 stalk of celery, coarsely chopped
2 chipotle peppers (canned in adobo sauce)
1 (20-ounce) package JENNIE-O TURKEY STORE® extra lean ground turkey breast
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
2 egg whites
FOR TOPPING:
1/4 cup fat free and sugar free ketchup
1 tablespoon chipotle pepper adobo sauce (from canned peppers used in meatloaf)
1 tablespoon brown sugar substitute (such as Splenda® Brand)

Directions
From the Jennie-O Turkey Store kitchens
Preheat oven to 350°F. In the work bowl of a food processor, combine onion, carrots and celery. Pulse until finely chopped. Add chipotle peppers and pulse until just combined. In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey with the pepper and vegetable mixture. Add egg whites and oats; gently mix until combined. Place about 1/3 cup of the prepared meat loaf mixture into 9 wells of a standard size muffin pan that has been lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine all of the topping ingredients in a small bowl; set aside. Remove meat loaves from oven and spoon the topping over each meat loaf. Return meat loaf to the oven and continue to bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until meat loaf is firm and the internal temperature registers 170°F. Let meat loaf stand for 5 minutes before serving. Makes 9 mini loaves.
This Recipe is Biggest Loser approved
Nutritional Information for 1 mini loaf:
Calories: 110
Fat: 1 g
Saturated Fat: 0
Sodium: 180 mg
Protein: 16 g
Cholesterol: 25 mg
Carbohydrates: 6 g

Replies

• kountess821
    kountess821 Posts: 16
    Options
    I made Mini Chipotle-Spiced Turkey Meat Loaves with Jennie-O as seen on the Biggest Loser last week. Yummy!! Next time I will use a "small" onion, a tad less chipotle sauce (spicy), plus mine made 12 mini muffin size servings!! Lunch and dinner for the week!! I served with Green Giant - Corn Steamers!

Jenny-O website!!
    http://www.jennieo.com/recipes/recipe_detail.aspx?Id=4709

Ingredients
    FOR MEAT LOAF:
    1 small yellow onion, coarsely chopped
    1 medium carrot, peeled and coarsely chopped
    1 stalk of celery, coarsely chopped
    2 chipotle peppers (canned in adobo sauce)
    1 (20-ounce) package JENNIE-O TURKEY STORE® extra lean ground turkey breast
    1/2 cup quick cooking oats
    2 egg whites
    FOR TOPPING:
    1/4 cup fat free and sugar free ketchup
    1 tablespoon chipotle pepper adobo sauce (from canned peppers used in meatloaf)
    1 tablespoon brown sugar substitute (such as Splenda® Brand)

Directions
    From the Jennie-O Turkey Store kitchens
    Preheat oven to 350°F. In the work bowl of a food processor, combine onion, carrots and celery. Pulse until finely chopped. Add chipotle peppers and pulse until just combined. In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey with the pepper and vegetable mixture. Add egg whites and oats; gently mix until combined. Place about 1/3 cup of the prepared meat loaf mixture into 9 wells of a standard size muffin pan that has been lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes.
    Meanwhile, combine all of the topping ingredients in a small bowl; set aside. Remove meat loaves from oven and spoon the topping over each meat loaf. Return meat loaf to the oven and continue to bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until meat loaf is firm and the internal temperature registers 170°F. Let meat loaf stand for 5 minutes before serving. Makes 9 mini loaves.
    This Recipe is Biggest Loser approved
    Nutritional Information for 1 mini loaf:
    Calories: 110
    Fat: 1 g
    Saturated Fat: 0
    Sodium: 180 mg
    Protein: 16 g
    Cholesterol: 25 mg
    Carbohydrates: 6 g
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    MMMMMMMMMMM sound so good. Just right for us low carbers. Thanks for the recipes
    Caliecat
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    bump I want to try it this week!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I want to try these tonight! Thanks for sharing
  • megbar1979
    megbar1979 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Trying this tonight...although I'll be using regular ketchup and brown sugar...doesn't effect the calories that much and those 2 ingredients are expensive! ($3 for a tiny bottle of ketchup and $6 for the splenda brown surgar).
  • lgolden
    lgolden Posts: 164
    Options
    Sounds really great. Will try this next week! Thanks.
  • kountess821
    kountess821 Posts: 16
    Options
    Let me know how you like it.
    I think next time I will use 1/2 an onion and 1/2 the spicy sauce for the topping.

I hope it is better the second night - cause I'm having leftovers ;-)
  • megbar1979
    megbar1979 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Ick. I didn't like it. THe meat was really bland, the sauce was the only thing that made it edible for me. Won't be making this one again, although I may use the sauce for some BBQ chicken or something sometime.
  • summerbod
    summerbod Posts: 9
    Options
    I thought it was pretty good. Did not use the adobo sauce on top, that would have been too spicey for me. I also broiled it a little at the end so it would have a crispy top.:smile:
  • tomyhealth
    tomyhealth Posts: 181
    Options
    Bump****