MFP's Ugly Sweater Party!

Options
LorinaLynn
LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
Got an obnoxious holiday sweater? Or something that has Bill Cosby written all over it? Time to show them! Welcome to the MFP Ugly Sweater Party!

I made this one yesterday for a gift certificate contest for my favorite tattoo shop. I'm not a Christian, so I wanted to show the Flying Spaghetti Monster some love. The spaghetti is satin, with faux leather meatballs, "RAMEN" written in glittery ribbon, sequins snowflakes, and bells dangling from His Noodley Appendages. So far, I'm the only contestant! But they're holding the contest over to today, too. Then it'll be put to a vote on FB. I wanna win that gift certificate!

IMG_3092.jpg

IMG_3091.jpg

I won $100 GC last year in their contest with a sweater I've had since high school. It's pretty cute... I'll have to snap a pic of it later.

Replies

• BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    All hail the Flying Spaghetti Monster! May the blessings of his noodly appendages be upon you.

Awesome sweater, you just have to win!
  • LorinaLynn
    Options
    I still love the sweater I wore last year for the contest. It's one that I've had since about 1988, and used to seriously wear it in the 80s and early 90s. Well, maybe not "seriously." It's not like a sweater with little cloth dolls skiing down your chest (in my case, definitely the bunny slope!) can ever be taken seriously!

IMG_3093_1.jpg

The best part? The little skier with the broken leg at the bottom. It's what made me wear a pink sweater when I was an angsty teen and wore almost exclusively black!

IMG_3095.jpg
  • Huskerduer
    Huskerduer Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    HA HA, the 'skiing' sweater is one of the best I've ever seen!
  • AUPerry
    AUPerry Posts: 166
    Options
    Haha I love ugly sweaters!
  • Clarecbear82
    Clarecbear82 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I still love the sweater I wore last year for the contest. It's one that I've had since about 1988, and used to seriously wear it in the 80s and early 90s. Well, maybe not "seriously." It's not like a sweater with little cloth dolls skiing down your chest (in my case, definitely the bunny slope!) can ever be taken seriously!

IMG_3093_1.jpg

The best part? The little skier with the broken leg at the bottom. It's what made me wear a pink sweater when I was an angsty teen and wore almost exclusively black!

IMG_3095.jpg

Love the little skier made me laugh
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Here I am (before losing weight) last year at an ugly sweater party......I won the prize for the ugliest sweater! Lol

167340_490803563268_735508268_6142237_7440214_n.jpg
  • LorinaLynn
    Options
    Love those bears, Carrie! It looks like it came from the same time capsule my skiiers came from!
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Love those bears, Carrie! It looks like it came from the same time capsule my skiiers came from!

I think it had shoulder pads but I took them out......made it look more "modern" LOL
  • LorinaLynn
    Options
    Mine, too. With the shoulder pads, I had no neck!
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Hilarious Topic! I can't wait to see more entries! Your Ramen sweater made me lol! and the broken legged skier??? Epic!
  • runwithmike
    Options
    A few of the guys and I at work had an ugly sweater day last year. If I can find a pic I will post.
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I love ugly christmas sweaters.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    <
    I AM WEARING ONE NOW AND LOVE IT
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ebay'd ugly christmas sweaters? I can't believe how much they sell for!! That's insane. I saw one that was obviously homemade from an ugly green mens sweater. It has red tinsel garland all over it and a huge stuffed rudolph head on the front and someone was asking $169! That's crazy. I wonder if they actually get like $50 for a homemade sweater? They're not hard or expensive to make. I've made one for a work party tomorrow and didn't spend more than $10! I used fabric glue on a red cowel (sp?) neck sweater and glued gold tinsel garland around the bottom and sleeve hems, used neon green material to make a 8ish inch christmas tree and decorated it with gold glitter, found a felt 5inch-ish rudolph gift bag that I cut up so that I've got a flat surface to glue and also found a stuffed 5inch-ish santa head that I de-stuffed and made flat to glue to the sweater. It's pretty gawdy! Tonight I'm going to use the fabric glue to write on the back of the sweater- maybe "decked out for santa" or something mroe clever than that if I can think of something. I'm also going to shop after work tonight and try to find one of those tacky necklaces with the batteries so that they light up like a string of lights. I'd love to attatch those to the neck around the sweater! it was so fun to make. I'm thinking of making some to sell next christmas! Geez if I can make that much for them it'd be worth it!