What Have You Politely Turned Away?

Options
Tis the season for sweets, candies, cookies, breads, muffins, buffets, dips and drinks. I remember last year I was on such a good roll before christmas, then just lost is over the holiday. This year I am taking a more proactive damage control stance. Just because it is christmas week, doesn't give a green light to indulge. These treats still have the same calorie content, fat and processed ingredients as they do in August or May!

What have you politely declined this week and been proud of the decision?

Today alone has been penny candy and donuts. I also made chocolate cover pretzels and didn't have any.

We should celebrate our willpower!!! Great job for keeping on track.

Replies

• ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Today so far I have declined almond bark bars, brownies and xmas cookies still left in the office. I brought in some pita crackers and veggie hummus for my snack today.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I find the opposite problem to most people at this time of year.

I am vegetarian and severely allergic to oranges, and EVERYTHING has orange peel in at this time of year. I can't eat mince pies, christmas cake, christmas pudding, stollen, mulled wine.

These things seem to be served exclusively at Christmas parties, which means most of the time, I am stuck drinking water and with no food at all.

I spend much of the Christmas season hungry and angry.
  • ljholmann
    Options
    Today in the breakroom Krispy Kreme Donuts, in the month of December I have turned down 6 office Christmas parties.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I avoid food avoidance
  • Mr2Bfit
    Mr2Bfit Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Carmel Corn, Cookies, Chocolate covered pretzels, Pizza!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Red velvet cake yesterday. It was actually because I'm allergic to dairy and I had some cookies the other day thinking it would be okay and I ended up with a killer migraine. I explained this to my friend and she said "it must have been the frosting on the cookies" (they were chocolate chip, and isn't frosting just sugar anyway?) and she kept trying to get me to taste little bits of the cake "without frosting." I tried to explain that it looked delicious I just didn't want to risk it again but what I wanted to say was "***ch there are eggs in your cake and I know it!" :grumble:
  • keg619
    keg619 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    The past few nights I've declined several kinds of cookies, birthday cake, and last night a birthday cupcake with lots of frosting. They all looked so delicious, but not worth the calories or the increased waistline. Good job everyone :)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I have turned away NOTHING! I try a sample of it all. If I really like it I have 2nds. I log it and use it as motivation to burn it off on planned work out days.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Just popcorn in a tin thus far. :laugh: My work doesn't bring in a lot of Christmas food, but tomorrowe are having a chili lunch with lots of bad toppings so I am going to go visit and eat lunch somewhere else afterwards.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Just popcorn in a tin thus far. :laugh: My work doesn't bring in a lot of Christmas food, but tomorrowe are having a chili lunch with lots of bad toppings so I am going to go visit and eat lunch somewhere else afterwards.
  • kellyc3
    Options
    I turned down a cinnamon roll yesterday
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Crack
    Im not kidding either. Walked past this homeless guy outside of the bowling alley and he offered to let me smoke some crack with him.
    So giving. Tis the Season!
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    answering to this thread :P
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    you name I've turned it down, you should see the look on peoples faces when you turn down food..lol
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    Crack
    Im not kidding either. Walked past this homeless guy outside of the bowling alley and he offered to let me smoke some crack with him.

:sad: LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Aprillsmith
    Options
    Everything at the department christmas party. Wasn't a.surprise to anyone since I often turn down office party pot luck food. Not big on eating from people's personal kitchen.
  • MaggieMay131
    MaggieMay131 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I've had a problem with turning down food this holiday season... but yesterday I made a hard effort to turn down the crackers, dip, and carrot cake at work. And then someone came around with cookies and I actually said, thanks but no thank you. It felt good. Hopefully I'll continue...
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,269 Member
    Options
    Red velvet cake yesterday. It was actually because I'm allergic to dairy and I had some cookies the other day thinking it would be okay and I ended up with a killer migraine. I explained this to my friend and she said "it must have been the frosting on the cookies" (they were chocolate chip, and isn't frosting just sugar anyway?) and she kept trying to get me to taste little bits of the cake "without frosting." I tried to explain that it looked delicious I just didn't want to risk it again but what I wanted to say was "***ch there are eggs in your cake and I know it!" :grumble:

About the frosting... I know the stuff I make for my sugar cookies do have milk in it. You use it in addition to the powdered sugar to get the consistency you need to ice the cookies. It also helps keep the frosting richer then if you used water.

And I have no turned down anything. I just watch how much of it I eat, log it, and deal with it as it goes. I have yet to go over my calories.
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Crack

LMAO!:laugh: :noway:
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Breakfast buffet at work today. I did not eat the pastries, donuts, bagels and cream cheese. Only had the quiche and fresh fruit which was the most nutritious.