Here's me Now (w/ Pics) HELP!

Options
191 lbs 12.22.11

I don't have after pics because I'm just starting off. My love handles are insane...does anyone know the best way to lose those?? I want to start running and eating better, and of course using freeweights to stay tone.

Front:
Front-1.jpg

Side:
Side-1.jpg

Back:
back-1.jpg

Replies

• darina23
    darina23 Posts: 114
    Options
    I would suggest a weighted hoola-hoop. I bought one in Europe a few years back and I really need to get back to doing it.

I used to do it every day a 1000 times and my mid-section became very red and heated after I was done. Then eventually it started shrinking.

Check ebay or a sport goods store to see if they have one.

Also, 30 day shred, good for the whole body shredding.
  • DeniseBenjamin
    Options
    I just bought the Jillian Michaels thirty day shred! Ive heard tons of good things about it...Cant' wait to start it! I bought it for myself from my husand as a Christmas gift LOL
  • dragonflytwt
    dragonflytwt Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I use my phone for my workouts, got an iPhone? or another Smart Phone?? Ease into 5K got me running and I hated running. Now I am on the Bridge to 10k app, love it. And for strength training I use the Nike Training Club App - FREE!!! And it's awesome. Good luck!
  • keissner
    Options
    I had that as well. I did the South Beach Diet last year and lost 22lbs! The plus to that one was it taught portion sizes and healthy eating. I learned new recipes and still use them :) In addition exercise. I love Jillian Micheals and Kathy Smith, I alternate at this busy time of year between doing one of their videos and going on the treadmill. When life is a little less chaotic I do both 5 days a week. Good Luck!!! Stick with what ever you decide to do and you will look and feel great!!
  • danckuntz
    danckuntz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I live in Wisconsin so running is done up here, well at least for the sane people. I have an exercise bike and I burn more Cals on that then I ever did running!
  • nborsh22
    nborsh22 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I did the Couch to 5k program, used the Ease into 5k android app. It was wonderful. I had about 12-15 lbs to lose when I started and the running combined with MFP really melted my "love handles". The cardio is great for that. When I finished the C25K program I moved on to 30 Day Shred to tighten the rest up. I am just getting into level 2 and don't do it every day, I take a rest day every 3-4 days but I can already see things improving. So healthy eating, cardio and strength...........
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is awesome to work out your cores! Also , as far as running I would use c25k, it starts you out slow and within I think 9weeks you can rune 3 miles! I also love Zumba! You can burn up to 1000 calories in 60 minutes with Zumba. If you go to www.Zumba.com they have a search to look for classes in your area. Currently, we are at the same weight and I think you carry it much better than I do! :sad: Good luck and keep motivated!:flowerforyou:
  • jessbennett1986
    Options
    Running works wonders for the midsection. I do p90x or turbo jam, although those programs are expensive! Running is my fave! You really don't look as bad as you think!
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    These ideas are great, but I think it's most important to find a workout that you enjoy and will stick to. Variety and weight training are also good bets.

Personally, I love Nike Training Club (got an ipod touch or iphone?) and the Salsa class at my gym.
  • curlytop89
    curlytop89 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You've probably heard this before, but you can't spot reduce fat. If you want your belly to be leaner or some other area, then you just have to lose weight in general, and work on toning muscles while you are at it. Once any excess fatty tissue is gone, you will be able to see your lean waist that was hiding there all along. I personally gain in the butt and thigh area, what a drag. As soon as I put on a couple pounds my jeans start getting tight in the thigh. Oh well, more incentive to keep it off I guess. Good luck!
  • igora_soma
    Options
    I would suggest a combination of 30 DS and Couch 2 5K. It will help you overall feel more fit!
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo boot camp set. It is about $15 and comes with 2 DVD's at different levels of difficulties, 2 resistance bands that are my fav and I use in other workouts (they are the best design) and Billy Blanks kicks you ARS!! I did it last night and I am totally feeling my butt, love handles and back today!!
  • CynGetsThin
    Options
    I also have a weighted hula hoop I bought on ebay a few years back. With shipping all in all it cost me just under $25. It's fun to use while I watch tv -- just make sure you have enough space. Best of luck!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Sorry to say but all these suggestions just burn calories. The only way to lose fat is overall fat loss. You cannot spot reduce fat or workout one area to lose fat. Eat well, burn more calories than you ingest! Running might be good, but work your cardio in with a sensible strength training program.