What Have You Politely Turned Away?

Options
2»

Replies

• MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Friend Requests from people who don't give any reason for connecting or any indication of how they know I exist.

Haven't had much opportunity to be exposed to holiday goodies yet. Can't wait to fail to turn them down... yum.
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Crack
    Im not kidding either. Walked past this homeless guy outside of the bowling alley and he offered to let me smoke some crack with him.
    So giving. Tis the Season!

:laugh: Hey, drug addicts and degenerates can be giving, too!
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I try turning it down but I just end up eating it the next day or hours later. lol. I've decided I'm more worried about toning than losing weight.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    from the 12 through the 23rd, my office does something called Gluttonfest. People bring in cake, cookies, pies, cheesecake, breakfast items, with the rare veggie tray. When there has been a veggie tray, that's what I've grabbed, that and a clementine. Overall, i've avoided the table.

I also baked cookies and have not had one, I participated in a cookie exchange and only ate one. I had a small part of a candy bar last night.

Overall, I feel I've done pretty well.
  • trailblazer888
    trailblazer888 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sweet Jesus! Chocolate cupcakes, and cranberry loaf . I love anything sweet but I met my indulgence qouta this season with three christmas parties. Is it weird to feel guilty for saying no thank you?! However I do feel good now that I exercised self control.
  • babywait
    babywait Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love this post!! I'm just logging in after a week away partly because I was traveling for work and generally not eating healthy and didn't want to actually SEE what I was consuming and partly because I wanted to endulge myself with all the sweets people keep bringing to my office (argh!!). Today though, I am avoiding and will continue to all day, the peanut brittle and chocolate in the office kitchen. Thanks for everyone's inspiration as we enter the most sugary and fattening week (at least in my family) of all!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    a hooker and a bag o' crack
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Don't tell my mother...but I gave away all of the goodies she sent me in the mail: :noway:

-reindeer poop (peanuts & marshmellows covered in chocolate)
    -homemade peanut butter cups
    -pretzels with almond bark
    -fudge
    -mint chocolate chip cookies

I just couldn't deal with them being in the house...and I LOVE my mom's cooking/baking. So, I knew that I had to get rid of it before I ate it all. I'm not disciplined enough to just "sample". So, I gave it to my husband to bring to his office. I am most proud of that!!! :laugh:
  • CornellGirl
    CornellGirl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Last year, my New Years' resolution was to give up ALL candy (yes, every type) and it WORKED! I let everyone know my goal and my friends and family held me accountable. Once March rolled around, I didn't even want junk food anymore. It gets easier with time. I re-gift any chocolates or candy packages!

Now I munch on frozen strawberries and mangos if I want something sweet.

5 pounds lighter... it's definitely worth offending some hosts and annoying some friends with my "junk food free" lifestyle.
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    EVERYTHING that I did not prepare myself nor included in my diet plan.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Don't tell my mother...but I gave away all of the goodies she sent me in the mail: :noway:

-reindeer poop (peanuts & marshmellows covered in chocolate)
    -homemade peanut butter cups
    -pretzels with almond bark
    -fudge
    -mint chocolate chip cookies

I just couldn't deal with them being in the house...and I LOVE my mom's cooking/baking. So, I knew that I had to get rid of it before I ate it all. I'm not disciplined enough to just "sample". So, I gave it to my husband to bring to his office. I am most proud of that!!! :laugh:

You could have sent it to me
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I avoid food avoidance

Amen, Brutha!

I am eating LESS of the bad stuff, though :) And I've lost half a lb this week :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • CiciPorcayo
    CiciPorcayo Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    A Vanilla Milkshake from Jack in the box. Well actually I took it home, and gave it to my 4 year old son... I was the best mom that night :) lol my son kept telling me, I love you mommy and your beauitful mom... lol... Maybe I should take these N...O... foods home with me more often! haha
  • Lunalucina
    Options
    I work in a deli/bakery so it's year-round that I have the option to munch on extras (which foiled efforts earlier in the journey). I've had to turn down fresh-baked donuts, leftover pies, hot soups, fried dough (actually, I had a bite, but not an entire piece), chocolates, oatmeal/sugar/chocolatechip/m&m cookies, fresh garlic bread...

I stuffed my stocking with a 85% cocoa chocolate bar, as opposed to oodles of sugary candies. I plan a square or two of my favorite chocolate into my eating, which honestly helps keep cravings away!

However....haven't started traveling yet. Christmas Eve is test #1-boyfriends moms place. Christmas day is my parents place. Day after is my grandmas...and they always take us out to eat at this place that serves enough food in one meal to feed me for like two days.

Insulting a host is one thing--but I need to figure a way not to insult my grandma lol.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options
    I don't eat sweets and desserts, so I'll generally don't indulge unless it's a grandmother serving me. :wink:
  • honu18
    honu18 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Since I came back home from school, I've turned down what used to be my favorite pizza for salad and a veggie burger, as well as cheesecake (REESES from the cheesecake factory..oh my god..), and carrot cake cookies. But I've given into a lot of candy, cookies, and fudge..soo..what can ya do? I'm not going to let this impact my happiness during this time of year. If I gain a pound or two, so be it, and I know what I need to do to get it off.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to let this impact my happiness during this time of year. If I gain a pound or two, so be it, and I know what I need to do to get it off.

Quoted for TRUTH!
  • leslielt
    leslielt Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I avoid food avoidance

agree
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    A big tin of Heroes was opened in our office today, and offered to me several times, resisted! One of the guys is being really supportive and said to just leave me to it, which was really nice!
    Christmas is just one day! I will be having trifle on Christmas day..... Mmmmmmmmm trifle