zero calories noodles

Options
has anyone tired these? i saw an article on yahoo about them today and i was wondering what you thought of them? do they have a texture and taste like a regular noodle? or are they more like rice noodles?its one thing to read it but better to hear from people who have tried them thanks for any info

Replies

• porksiopao
    porksiopao Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I think you're talking about shirataki noodles which are fabulous! Depending on how it is cooked, it can have a texture similar to al dente spaghetti, but a little chewier. Maybe like a slightly rubbery rice vermicelli noodle if you've had those before. By itself the taste is not like wheat pasta, but you normally don't eat it alone, you would have to put something in it or put it into something. It absorbs a lot of flavor, so taste it during cooking!
  • Jessika616
    Options
    I love them!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Quite nasty, but I would imagine people that look for low calorie diet foods will find them irresistable.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I love them, but they are NOT like "regular" pasta. They are more rubbery and have no taste. I use them in broth with some veggies and serrano chili and it's sort of like a spicy Pho. Super low cal, like 65 calories for a huge bowl that makes two full meals for me. You can add any sort of protein as well, depending on the broth you use.

I'd suggest getting one package to try it out. Lots of people can't stand them because of the texture, but I know a ton of people who eat them regularly.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Konyaku? Are they basically fiber jello?