bloated and very full!!

Options
Ok so I got some soya protein today and had a shake for breakfast - I struggle with protein so thought this would be easier, I then had a second shake about 2 hours ago as it recommends twice a day! the only other thing I have eaten in a small gingerbread man (because my daughter made it) and I am full, like bloated and stuffed! almost bursting out my trousers! is this normal???

Replies

• Acatlett77
    Options
    I'm not sure about this but another one of my MFP friends said she felt very bloated one day & she had a lot of protein that day.
  • nikkih1013
    Options
    what kind of soy protein is it isolate? or unisolated? I drink an isolated soy protein shake (herbalife) and it does not cause bloating, its easily absorbed by your body..however, it DOES make you feel VERY full.. try drinking more water to decrease your bloating!
  • sexymewannabe
    Options
    maybe I should have started with one a day
  • sexymewannabe
    Options
    I just looked and its isolate, tho I dont know what the difference is? its from holland and barratt
  • katierg
    Options
    You need fiber with your protein. Drink some metamucil to move your system or eat some raw broccoli. The bloating and fullness could indicate constipation. Eat balanced. Apples and cheese/peanut butter. Pineapple and cottage cheese. etc..
  • nikkih1013
    Options
    Isolated soy is much easier for your body to absorb (its plant base). Having two shakes a day should be great for weight loss so starting out with the two shakes is probably ok. (Atleast that is the process with Herbalife).. I'd definitley try drinking more water and I would add fiber like Oats to your protein shake that way you do not get blocked up which could cause you to have a rock gut feeling..
  • sexymewannabe
    Options
    I used to take linseeds/flaxeeds would they help
  • Wallaby2
    Wallaby2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I think sometimes severe bloating can be due to a food intolerance. I bloat when I eat pasta and hate that feeling. I hope it subsided quickly for you.
  • nikkih1013
    Options
    Linseed does have fiber so that may help some but I would still try adding oats and other sources of fiber into your diet. I believe your daily recommended amount of fiber is 35-40 grams so just try to increase your intake.
  • sexymewannabe
    Options
    so i should make porridge and then have shake?