Tyson Buffalo Wings

Options
**************I DO NOT NEED ANYONE TELLING ME THEY ARE NOT GOOD FOR ME, JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION PLEASE AND BE NICE****************************

Ok on a serving size of tyson buffalo wings with bone it says three ounces is that three ounces with the bone or just three ounces of meat excluding the bone?

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Probably excluding the bone. Post the protein/carbs/fat listed on the package and I'll tell you for sure.
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    If there's a bone in it when you purchase it, it's including the bone. The serving size would be relating to whatever you pull out of the package.
  • kellicarter11
    kellicarter11 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    ok well that would make three wings six ounces how on earth is one and a half wings suppose to fill anyone up
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    If there's a bone in it when you purchase it, it's including the bone. The serving size would be relating to whatever you pull out of the package.
    This.

They are very tasty, by the way.
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    It's not - that's how they get you. :grumble:
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    It includes the bone. Welcome to deceptive advertising, where a bottle of Coke is 2.5 servings and one wing should satisfy your hunger.
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    ok well that would make three wings six ounces how on earth is one and a half wings suppose to fill anyone up
    I'm not sure what exactly serving size is based on, but I'm starting to believe it has a lot more to do with keeping the cal/fat content low on the label than it does an actual reasonable serving size.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Most packaging gives the serving size as well as how many servings per package. You could count how many there are in the whole package if you really want to know how many are in a serving.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

That's not how serving sizes work. Serving sizes =/= filling they have to gauge the calories somehow, you can eat two servings or 6 servings, it depends on the calories.
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I just had that last night for dinner (boneless though) and poppers.... I don't care how bad they are everyonce and a while I need that spicy goodness!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I think it's meant to be part of a meal, not a whole meal.
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    I just had that last night for dinner (boneless though) and poppers.... I don't care how bad they are everyonce and a while I need that spicy goodness!
    FWIW, homemade ones are pretty easy to make, taste better once you get a good sauce recipe down, and are WAY better for you.