Losing Motivation after almost 11 months

Options
Hi, I have been dieting and working out since Feb, 14 2011. I have lost 75 lbs. I still want to lose 25-30 more. I was very motivated in the beggining and even a few months ago, but lately the scale hasn't been moving as fast as I want. Maybe 2 lbs a month drop which is weird. It's bothering me and since Tuesday til now I have not been caring. Well I do at breakfast and lunch then I make poor choices due to various factors. I have gained 3 lbs in these 3 days. I just want to really lost this last 25-30 and its bothering me so much my motivation is completely gone. Is anyone feeling like this? Is it the holidays? On top of all this I have a vacation comming up to mexico from Jan 3 - 9 ... watch me gain there too. Somebody help :(

Replies

• nikkih1013
    Options
    You have lost 75 lbs already and that is enough motivation to not give up! You have already lost more than half of the amount of weight you wanted to and that is a hard thing to do :) You obviously know what your doing because you wouldnot have made it this far already. So congratulations and keep up the good work! You probably just need to increase your metabolism to burn more calories throughout the day.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Ive kinda been in the same boat lateley and Ive realized that this is not a race as long as I stay on track I will achieve my goals. I am reshaping my body this did not happen overnight took 20 plus years to get to this point and it only took about 1 year to get to where I am now. And I try to remember if I eat too much one day that does not destroy everything I have accomplished this far.
  • staceyGO
    staceyGO Posts: 376
    Options
    I am stuck at a mere 10, not 75... I feel you though, not interested in anything other than wine, chocolate and sleep... its hibernation season. Let me know if you find a magic button.
  • hello77kitty
    hello77kitty Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I think its the holidays. I haven't been exercising very much lately, going over on calories constantly. Just to busy and stressed out. No time or very much money to go to the grocery store to buy my healthy foods...I am still losing weight somehow. Just remember losing 2lbs a month is better than gaining! You are so close to your goal, you can do it!