Dr. Cancelled on Me

Options
2 months ago I booked a annual check up with my primary care doctor. I knew I would be off of work, and I've already met my deductible so it wouldn't cost me anything out of pocket. Today they called me and said she wasn't going to be in, and I had to make a new appointment. I was so dissapointed. Not only did I book this 2 months ago due to my schedule and insurance needs, I specifically wanted to talk to her about my weigh loss progress so far and see if she recommended anything like a nutritionist or any other help to lose these last 15 lbs. I was also thinking that like everyone else, I could re-commit to my weight loss as a new year's resolution.

Now she can't see me until January 11th. I even had the receptionst check and not only are there no other doctors available to meet me that week, there are no other doctor's in their group in the 5 other locations that I could drive to. Steaming, and just needed to vent.

Replies

• anitam1987
    anitam1987 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    2 months ago I booked a annual check up with my primary care doctor. I knew I would be off of work, and I've already met my deductible so it wouldn't cost me anything out of pocket. Today they called me and said she wasn't going to be in, and I had to make a new appointment. I was so dissapointed. Not only did I book this 2 months ago due to my schedule and insurance needs, I specifically wanted to talk to her about my weigh loss progress so far and see if she recommended anything like a nutritionist or any other help to lose these last 15 lbs. I was also thinking that like everyone else, I could re-commit to my weight loss as a new year's resolution.

Now she can't see me until January 11th. I even had the receptionst check and not only are there no other doctors available to meet me that week, there are no other doctor's in their group in the 5 other locations that I could drive to. Steaming, and just needed to vent.

Could you perhaps go straight to a nutritionist? That's what I did, I did not get a referral. Try it!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Doctors get sick and have unforeseen things come up too... just like us. I know it is upsetting and will cost you more in the long run, but "things" happen. Think of it as an extra day to "hang" with friends and family. Enjoy your holidays.:flowerforyou:
  • Liopleurodon
    Options
    This stuff happens. With all the flu germs and such that get flung at doctors it's kinda impressive that they don't take more sick days. I guess you develop an immune system of steel in those circumstances.
  • Nos150
    Nos150 Posts: 150
    Options
    just wondering (and yes way off topic) how much do you have to pay to see a doctor? with or without insurance?

edit for: ooo i just thought of something! is this something that i am not supposed to ask? kinda like a 'how much do you make' thing?