Biggest Loser

Options
Not sure if anyone has made this a topic yet but who saw Biggest loser on Tuesday? What did everyone think of Jillian's outburst. Holy crap.

Replies

• MMMom2008
    MMMom2008 Posts: 35
    Options
    Not sure if anyone has made this a topic yet but who saw Biggest loser on Tuesday? What did everyone think of Jillian's outburst. Holy crap.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    if only they didn't bleep it out. I like jillian, she's a savage in the gym. my wife desperately wants her to work out with, and it's admirable that she cares so much about her people. But I think this show is getting to her. I think she's starting to loose it. I feel like one day she's gonna quit because the show is built on a flawed premise.

I.E. it's almost impossible for a 225 lb woman to loose the same amount of % weight as it is for a 400 lb man. Thus the reason there has never been a female biggest loser. Not cuz the women don't work just as hard, but because their measurement for success is flawed. It's just how it is, the body pulls fat for energy based on how much surface area of fat is available, if your bigger, in general, you have more fat readilly available to burn faster, even when you shrink, a large male still has more surface area fat then a woman to take from. It's just pure human anatomy. I think they should separate the two. It's like racing a dog vs a horse. The fastest greyhound in the world would never beat the slowest race horse.
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I didn't get to see ALL of the show the other night, what happened to make her freak??
  • Assilem
    Assilem Posts: 21
    Options
    If I were her I'd be miffed to. Bob got to pick all the biggest guys for the blue team and it affects her team because they don't feel like they can match up to blue. Which is totally understandable. I would feel the same. We all know how it works. A husband and wife go on a diet together. They eat the same, work out the same and for some reason he loses 5lbs and she'll lost about 2lbs or none at all. Darn men! (LOL) Also, it's probably that she cares so much about her team and sees them losing hope of being able to be the biggest loser and most likely part competitiveness. She wants one of her team members to win it and it seems like it might not be a possibility. I don't know about that blue team though. They're freakin me out how close they all are becoming. I can't wait until they have to start picking eachother off!
  • amytx27
    amytx27 Posts: 6
    Options
    My TIVO didn't tape it and I was praying that there wasn't an episode to miss. I am so mad!
    I love Jillian. I would quit my job to be able to work out with her.
    So, which 2 did they bring back? I saw a preview and I am assuming that is what happened.
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    our tivo messed up too, I know for sure We had it ready to go!!
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    I only got to see the last 20 minutes, but they brought back Ali and Mark. Maggie and Brittany are up for elimination, but we have to wait until next week to see who goes.

I agree with Banks. They should not have men and women competing against each other. Let the men compete with men, and the women with women. It would be much more fair and competitive.
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Men vs Woman... maybe

Look at last season though. The final consisted of 1 man and 3 woman!!! And Julie was very close to Bill's percentage too. Honestly though, I think those brothers weren't "dieting" correctly. His bro Jim looked too thin and sickly I think but then again they were going for $250,000 and $100,000.
  • moidyn
    moidyn Posts: 112
    Options
    I would like to say that there has been a woman who won the Biggest Loser: Jodie Prenger, in the UK. This is her story (I like to watch this when I am having a hard time getting to the gym):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huv0VtarBFw
  • shellkas
    shellkas Posts: 45
    Options
    I agree that she had a right to be upset, I think she could've handled it better. NO ONE deserves to be spoken to like that. I think doing it by percentage is fair, but they really should have the challanges be the girls against girls and guys against guys. That would make it more fair. Jillian is fantastic, a little rough around the edges, but great!!! The 2 that were brought back were Mark & Ali (Ali looks fabulous)
  • lk14040
    lk14040 Posts: 90
    Options
    I LOVE the biggest loser show and this is just my opinion. I know that the blue team has a better chance of winning and has men that are loosing big numbers, and yes it does stink that the black team is just girls. I think the brittany girl has just given up. There must be something wrong with her lifestyle if she is working out about 6 hours and day and ONLY loosing 2 pounds per week. In my opinion when julian flipped out and said she had a bad week, yea right. Thats how shes been this whole time and she should not compare her self to anyone else when it comes to loosing weight, because of course that might make you give up. I thought it was rude to just flip out on allison. She is just a host. I do like Julian, but seriously, whoa!
  • RiverCameron
    RiverCameron Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to know who gets kicked off next, don't buy a TV guide for this week until after the show. They ruin it. I was SO mad when I saw the article and pictures (for them doing it and who was left, but I'll save the reason until the show airs).

Personally I don't think the reason the blue team does well is solely because of their sex or their size. I think attitude plays a big part. This is a mental game as much as a physical one. Black went into singles a person up on blue, meaning they had won more weekly weigh ins, meaning they had done it multiple times, yet the "we can't!" attitudes continued over and over again. That blue team, no matter how many times they end up at elimination, still believe they're winners.

Yes, scientifically weight loss is calories in versus calories out, calories burned, calories, calories, calories, yada yada yada, but every person on this site knows it's more than that. I may be big now because I ate too many calories, but I ate those calories as a coping mechanism and as a way to deal with events and pains in my life. Every other time I've tried this and failed, it's because I stopped believing I could and stopped believing I was worth it. The fact that black has mentally decided already that they can't is why they won't. If they can't get their heads back on track, they'll all end up the Biggest Losers that The Biggest Loser doesn't bring back as a success story, but instead we read about on the net because they gained all their weight back and more.

Rose (jumping down from her soap box)