What should I write on the back of my ugly christmas sweater

Options
Starlage
Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
My work is having an ugly christmas sweater contest tomorrow. I couldn't find one in a thrift store like I thought I would- I guess they were cleaned out! Nothing good left. I got lucky though; I got a regular red sweater and glued things to it; tacky gold garland around the bottom hem of the sweater and the hem of the sleeves, I cut out a christmas tree shape about 8 inches tall from neon green cloth and surrounded the edge in gold glitter, found a felt gift bag that was a 4-5 inch tall rudolph head and cut just the head out to glue it to the shirt, found a stuffed 4 inch felt santa head that I de-stuffed so that I could have a flat santa head to glue to the shirt and tonight I'm going to fred meyers to see if they've got any of those battery powered lights that are a necklace - or something else cheesy I can glue around the cowel (sp?) collar of the sweater. Someone gave me the idea to do a saying/phrase on the BACK of the sweater.. genius! "you're missing an opportunity to deck the back of it out!" I have cloth glue so I think I'll write something like "decked out for santa" and glitterfy it.... (I have multiple colors of loose craft glue)..... Any ideas for a better saying? I thought this would be a perfect MFP forum topic :happy: Thanks! I can post my picture of it once I'm at home!

Replies

• Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    "Mom and Dad went to the North Pole, and all they got me was this Santa Sweater!"

(kinda like the t-shirt idea for vacationers??? lol)
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    haha nice! I like that :o)
  • mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,727 Member
    Options
    been there, done that, got the sweater
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Holiday Cheermiester (like the Grinch)

Merry Christmas. ****ter was full.

You'll shoot your eye out.

:)
  • ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Christmas threw-up on my sweater.
    Don't hate, celebrate...Christmas!
    I got attacked at a holiday craft fair.
    The front of this sweater says more than the back.
  • gmaanneliese
    gmaanneliese Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My work had an ugly sweater contest too. And I couldn't find one in the thrift store either. I've been hearing of contests on radio stations and at workplaces. I even heard one person say she buys up sweaters after the holiday for next to nothing makes them even uglier and sells them for $30 a piece. Its becoming a phenom.

I didnt' win at my work. But here are some that were among the winners.
    1) Grinch all over a poncho, complete with lime green boa, battery pack playing the grinch song, and battery powered lights
    2) an upside down snow man with a carrot nose sticking out of the sweater about five inches. Because he was upside down the nose was about where her belly button would be. Also she had the back side of the snow man on the back, which included something that resembled snow man poop. ????
    3) another had the light up necklace, and one of those greeting cards that when you open it it plays music.

Hope you enjoyed yours. My boss also gave our awards for best decorated cubicle. The winner did a redneck Christmas theme. It was very detailed.