I need some motivation!

Options
I was in such a good place with my eating and working out a few months ago...Then I got a foot injury which stopped my love of running, which then turned into a domino effect with everything. Luckily I do work on my feet so I'm not completely sedentary...I'm ready to morph back into healthy life style Shannon..I have it in my brain I just need to find it again...Please help..I need online personal trainers! LOL

Replies

• AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Baby steps is the key.
  • shannon_stallone
    Options
    I don't even know where to begin..Its so crazy how a couple months can completely turn your eating habits upside down...My portions have been a lot bigger...I just feel blah! I'm only eight pounds away from my goal weight, but I just want to feel healthy and toned again
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I don't even know where to begin..Its so crazy how a couple months can completely turn your eating habits upside down...My portions have been a lot bigger...I just feel blah! I'm only eight pounds away from my goal weight, but I just want to feel healthy and toned again

Start from where you've left off. Do things that you enjoy doing. Don't think about how much weight you have to lose. It will eventually happen and quicker than you think. Let your mind be free.
  • fae713
    fae713 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    If it all feels overwhelming, choose one thing to change every few days until you are back to the lifestyle that you like.

Maybe start with portion control again. Even if it is a few steps between what you have been eating to what will be keeping you within your goal range. One meal at a time, snacks first, skipping dessert, whatever will be easiest to accomplish then work your way down to what will be the most difficult.

Start running for a set time or a set distance, keep it light and easy though. Start working your way back up to what you had been doing.

If you used to go to the gym, go in for 20-30 minutes and focus on one body area and then work your way up from there. Maybe go to a few classes that will help motivate you as well.

If you work out at home, start with a few exercises for a short period of time and increase it over time as well.

In the course of a few weeks, you'll be right back where you were feeling better and more energized. :-)
  • KeegansMomma
    Options

Start from where you've left off. Do things that you enjoy doing. Don't think about how much weight you have to lose. It will eventually happen and quicker than you think. Let your mind be free.

Great advice!

I was on a road to a better me when I ended up with a foot problem (I had to wear a lovely walking boot for 8 weeks until it healed). I strayed from my road...and after 2 years, have finally found my way back to my road. Just keep your chin up and start small. :D
  • shannon_stallone
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I appreciate all your advice :) Today is a new day...:)