40 lbs gone forever!

Options
I wanted to wait and post once I moved from "obese" to "overweight." However, I got my hair cut super short and compared the show-off photo with some old face photos and I had no idea I looked so different! I have always had a super round face with the chubbiest cheeks and while I still do, it is nowhere near what it was a year ago or when I started MFP.

I lost seven pounds before starting MFP but knew I should have lost more in five months with the job I had (room service busser at a large, very popular resort). Started MFP, started exercising (watching television and walking fast/jogging in place) and cutting back on fast food to cutting OUT fast food and soda. Became a vegetarian and started cooking--a lot! I completed the 30 Day Shred and have started running. Went vegetarian and feel great! I am in such a great place in my life and feel better than I ever have. I started gaining weight in fourth grade and was consistently chubby. Once I started drinking my weight just escalated each year and I moved back home last December and decided I had to change. And I did! I still have 30ish lbs to go but I am so happy with where I am now (I can do 20 push-ups in a row, how cool is that?!) that even if I did not reach that goal of 145 I would be fine.
And now, to the pictures!

before:

my high weight of 215 lbs

Photo173.jpg

the day I started MFP, 208 lbs

Photo277.jpg

now:

175 lbs

Photo124.jpg

Photo128.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!