Looking for 8 week, small group challenge

Options
I am looking for someone who is starting a New Years Challenge. I would prefer a small group of 10 - 12 people & only running for about 8 weeks. From January 1st to Feb. 26th. or Dec. 30 to Feb. 24th (as I like to weight in on Fridays) I need some support to lose weight before my son's wedding on Feb.29th. I would start one myself but I don't have the time or the imagination to come up with something that would keep everyone motivated. Sure hope someone can help.

Replies

• msps1973
    msps1973 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I would be interested as well!! I am new to MFP and think I need a little motovation/support!!!

:0)
  • LyriByri
    Options
    I would also be interested. If one is being planned I would love to be included. :D
  • Lost_it
    Lost_it Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hopefully we can find some one that will start one for us.
  • beautifulreason
    beautifulreason Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Count me iin
  • Lost_it
    Options
    bump
  • Strengthforaday
    Options
    i am interested!!
  • GetThinKim
    Options
    I'd be interested too!
  • KokomoJoe
    Options
    Don't mind groups but I don't run. I walk 3 miles a day but it takes a lot to make me run.
  • SlowlyFighting
    SlowlyFighting Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'd absolutely be interested! I lack motivation a lot of the time, more to do with food, but the more exercise I do the less I want to binge on rubbish, so count me in!
  • Lost_it
    Options
    Ok I guess I could start something. Give me a day or 2 to think of something. It will mostly be keeping REALLY good track of our food, drinking our water, getting in some kind of exercise but the MOST important will be sending each other encouraging words once a week to keep us on track. There are 8 of us so far & I think that is just the right size of group. If we get too many it is hard to keep up with each other
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join if there is room - my birthday is at the end of March and I would love to get as close to my goal weight by then so this 8wk challenge would be perfect. :)
  • Lost_it
    Options
    Sure you can join. I am going to think of a name for the contests & a few things we can do to motivate each other. I will have everything up maybe by the end of the day today.
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I will be starting a 6 week Biggest Loser CHallenge Jan 1st

I have the MFP's Biggest Loser Fit For the New Year which was a 12 week challenge finishing up next week.
  • RahBuhBuh
    RahBuhBuh Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    What is your fitness plan? Are you doing cardio? My goal is to do cardio 5 days a week. It doesn't seem like much but my Spring semester is going to be horrible. Cardio, Calories (staying under), and Clean eating. Thats what I am going to be focusing on if you care to join in.
  • Lost_it
    Options
    THANKS everyone for their interest in doing this challenge but I have decided not to start my own.
    I have joined another small group 6 week challenge as I just do not have time to start my own challenge. With working & planning a wedding in 8 weeks I just don't have time. Having someone else doing the work is easier for me, now all I have to work on is eating right & losing weight

Maybe in the spring I will consider starting a challenge. Good Luck to everyone.

If you are stil looking for a short challenge crazyellybean is putting on a 6 week biggest loser contest starting Jan1. Look into that.
  • leoS8190
    leoS8190 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm in as well!! I'm thinking about doing the Biggest Loser Challenge as well! It's something that I think will be a good challenge for myself! I have NO idea how to join a group and get back to all the messages and group discussions, so if someone can inform me..im still new to this! Thanks! Please keep me updated!