Colon Cleansing

Options
Najay
Najay Posts: 273 Member
This is a topic most females would cringe to talk about, but I say we all most do this to live. I thought eating healthy, eating fiber and drinking water would give you a good colon cleansing. That is not the case for me. I get bloated and become miserable. I don't wanna be like the Klumps no more. LOL:frown:

Any advice?

Replies

• Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    DO NOT DO THIS. THIS IS NOT SAFE AND NOT A METHOD TO LOSE WEIGHT. WHEN YOU HAVE A COLON CLEANSE YOU REMOVE THE HEALTHY BACTERIA. I WORK WITH GI DOCTORS AND THIS IS SUCH A COMMON PROBLEM AND EASILY AVOIDABLE. IF YOU FEEL BLOATED SWITCH YORU DIET. YOU MAY BE GLUTEN INTOLERANT, MODIFY YOUR CARB INTAE AND SWITCH TO WHOLE GRAIN. REFINED PROCCESSED FLOUR CAN MAKE YOU FEEL BLOATED AND HEAVY. DO NOT DO A COLON CLEASE,OR A COLONIC.
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    P.S. SORRY MY POST LOOKS LIKE I'M YELLING. I PROMISE I'M NOT LOL
    (CAPS LOCK STUCK AT WORK )
  • Najay
    Najay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    P.S. SORRY MY POST LOOKS LIKE I'M YELLING. I PROMISE I'M NOT LOL
    (CAPS LOCK STUCK AT WORK )

No hard feelings here. I probably should have said bowel movement rather than a colon cleansing.
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    My doctor told me cleaning out your Colon every few years is good for you?

It helps get rid of stuff and starts you over.

I do think you should do it under a care of doctor and not at home.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    If you eat more fiber, you also have to drink more water to help keep things moving. And you should increase the fiber slowly if you're not used to eating much of it.
  • tcpowell25
    Options
    My GI doc recommends a probiotic. You can get it from any pharmacy.
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    im having the same prob i been taking fiber vitamins to help me poo lol i get full quickly n on top of that i just want to be healthier and on live strong it suggest fiber b 12 and fish oil which i am using but none of them except b 12 are working and yes b12 is for energy lol i know and fish oil for heart fiber to poo and build up of course fiber but not working ...
  • Gyoza11
    Gyoza11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest looking in to your diet rather than a cleansing. There have been instances of people getting sick or injured from colonics (There was a very big story in my country after a woman went to this popular health spa and almost died). Before flushing out the water can push waste up your colon and in to ehem... other places.
  • LytnBreezy
    LytnBreezy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Psylium husks work great. You will have great poos. Just drink plenty of water with it. (Not psylium powder...get the husks)
  • Gemmageldmacher
    Gemmageldmacher Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've tried a product called Colon Blow (for real, that's its name) a few times and that seems to work for me. I also have a pretty lazy digestive system, and despite going over on my fiber every day, I also still have issues. As far as a daily supplement, Psyllium Husk is a good one. It's pretty gross, but it gets the job done. The pills aren't as effective as the drink mix, but they sure are more palatable. Good luck!
  • snowsflake
    snowsflake Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    When I'm feeling like that I cut out all the "junk" I've been eating, which compared to how I used to eat is not that bad, but still I need to watch it.

I drink lots of water, and eat whole grains, fresh fruits, nuts and seeds, and fresh vegetables. I limit coffee and dairy and I do not take any chemicals to help with this. Fresh cut pineapple really helps me with this. I do it for a 2-3 days and it gets me back on track. :smile:
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    wat is that
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Try a shed load of psyllium husk and a lot of water. That'll cure you.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Fiber and water will aid in digestion. Fiber helps with stooling and water helps to keep those stool moving. If you are eating whole grains for fiber and getting bloated you may want to find out if you have a gluten sensitivity or intollerance.

Probiotics and vitamin D are also very good for your digestive tract.
  • jagoochie
    jagoochie Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    do you know what has helped me

a mug of hot water every morning before i have eaten or drunk anything

i get up, put the kettle on, get washed and then go get my hot water and drink it while getting dressed and makeup

make my packed lunch, have brekkie and then like clockwork i have a movement.....

it wakes my system up - otherwise i can go for days without a movement and then i am just carying horrible toxins around in my body

liek i say - worked for me, and costs npthing - worth a go - can even add a slice of lemon to it
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Healthy days from nuts, seeds, extra virgin olive oil, or other oils like sunflower and safflower, avocado, etc. They help stuff to move, also try eating yogurt or a probiotic of some kind to keep the healthy bacteria thriving. Lots of water, especially if you are increasing fiber intake. You can block yourself up if you don't have the proper balance. You might want to get tested for Irritable Bowel syndrome, lactose intolerance, or some other food intolerance. Keep track of when you eat things and when the symptoms flare up, maybe you can pinpoint your triggers and avoid them.