New Year, New Me!

Options

Replies

• sm423
    sm423 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the tips and advice. I told myself it's ok if I eat some goodies here and there as long as I continue my workouts...Then I hurt my back and started slacking off (not even getting out for a walk) and still continued to eat what I wanted. With all the cooking/baking I'm doing for the kids school/hubby's work...it's no wonder I can't stop eating, lol! Today's weigh in did not go so well, but good thing is, I'm NOT gonna stop trying and will find a way to get back on track. I will survive the holidays!! ;) Hope everyone is doing well.

Weight: 184.1
  • kmvp08
    kmvp08 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Down 1 pound since last week to 147.2! Not a huge loss but I am thrilled considering I've been stuck going back & forth between 148-149.4 for a month, Thanks for the plateau-breaking advice, guys.
    This time of year is definitely the hardest for me~hard to resist all those Christmas goodies (and I like to bake which leads to taste testing)! Definitely reminds me how little self control I possess!
    Looks as if we are all struggling a bit this time around. We can do this though! Let's stick with it =)

At least it's going in the right direction!! :) Great job.
  • kmvp08
    Options
    For today's weigh in- I knew this wasn't going to be pretty...

Yes, I know, I'm going the wrong way! Really have to turn it around here and stay focused, continue doing what I've been doing for the last 6+ months.

HABIT - regularly repeated behavior pattern: an action or pattern of behavior that is repeated so often that it becomes typical of somebody, although he or she may be unaware of it

Ah yes, habit can be your best friend or worst enemy. Here's to making habit our best friend!

Everyone have fantastic weekend!
  • kmvp08
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the tips and advice. I told myself it's ok if I eat some goodies here and there as long as I continue my workouts...Then I hurt my back and started slacking off (not even getting out for a walk) and still continued to eat what I wanted. With all the cooking/baking I'm doing for the kids school/hubby's work...it's no wonder I can't stop eating, lol! Today's weigh in did not go so well, but good thing is, I'm NOT gonna stop trying and will find a way to get back on track. I will survive the holidays!! ;) Hope everyone is doing well.

Weight: 184.1

I agree, don't stop trying!

Maybe this is a good time to ask ourselves twice before making a decision on what to eat or what not to eat, not exercise, etc - "Are you sure you want to do that" "Really really sure?" :)
  • henney16
    henney16 Posts: 288
    Options
    Today's weight = 228

Up a few pounds due to everything that is going on in my life right now! Only been to the gym once since Zack was born and my eating has been less than stellar. My plan is to get back to it starting Sunday when I go back to work.

Dave

4r5nki.jpg
  • MarineWifey09
    Options
    Wooohoo 123.8! I lost the .6 I gained plus another .2! Small steps but I am okay with that. It is harder to get rid of weight the smaller I get I am assuming my body is trying to hold onto the fat it has left but I have a couple pounds to spare! I am only 5 ft 2 lol
  • Balanced_Life
    Balanced_Life Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Weight loss goal: 7.0 lbs
    Weight loss total: 3.6 lbs (Week 2)

Week 0: 136.8 (
    ) -- starting weight
    Week 1: 137.6 (+ .8 lbs) -- constant binging
    Week 2: 133.2 (-4.4 lbs)
    Week 3: 133.2 ( 0.0 lbs) -- binged on 2 days

The good thing is that I exercised every day and followed my eating plan on 5 days...but there was no loss this week because I had bad stress induced binges on 2 nights. Then yesterday and today I went WAY over my calories at holiday dinners. :ohwell: I need to get back on track tomorrow and work hard during this coming week!
  • Balanced_Life
    Options
    Wooohoo 123.8! I lost the .6 I gained plus another .2! Small steps but I am okay with that. It is harder to get rid of weight the smaller I get I am assuming my body is trying to hold onto the fat it has left but I have a couple pounds to spare! I am only 5 ft 2 lol
    Great job, Wimberly!
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Here's my weigh in...

Starting Weight: 265.0
    Dec. 02: 266.6
    Dec. 09: 263.2
    Dec. 16: 267.2

Work potluck and "unofficial" Christmas party on Thursday really messed me up. I'd like to say it was all the sodium, but that's yet to be proved. I'll be hitting the gym extra hard this week.
  • Mandalicious
    Options
    I am so ashamed/embarrassed to have to write this post. I am up FIVE pounds in the last two weeks. I don't know if any of that is water weight - it might just be legit because I have had way too much to eat and drink and way too little exercise. The opportunities to indulge just never seem to stop this month. Tonight, we celebrate my mother-in-law's birthday with dinner out and then dessert at my sister-in-law's house. Then I pick my mom and her husband up at the airport late tonight for more festivities, dinners, and cookie-making to ensue. My goodness!

My weigh-in for this past Friday = 130 lbs!!! That is the heaviest I have been since August!

My husband starts a vacation tomorrow, and I am just starting to get over a nasty cold. So, I WILL have more time/energy to exercise. I am going to try to make more conscious choices about my eating, too. Lay off the cookies, egg nog, cocktails, etc, etc. Maybe I can get my weight back down at least a couple of pounds by the time our challenge ends.

Trying to lose weight this month seems to be a ridiculously hard choice for me. Hope some of you are having more success!

****I will get an updated spreadsheet up in the next 24 hours.***
  • Mandalicious
    Options
    I am so ashamed/embarrassed to have to write this post. I am up FIVE pounds in the last two weeks. I don't know if any of that is water weight - it might just be legit because I have had way too much to eat and drink and way too little exercise. The opportunities to indulge just never seem to stop this month. Tonight, we celebrate my mother-in-law's birthday with dinner out and then dessert at my sister-in-law's house. Then I pick my mom and her husband up at the airport late tonight for more festivities, dinners, and cookie-making to ensue. My goodness!

My weigh-in for this past Friday = 130 lbs!!! That is the heaviest I have been since August!

My husband starts a vacation tomorrow, and I am just starting to get over a nasty cold. So, I WILL have more time/energy to exercise. I am going to try to make more conscious choices about my eating, too. Lay off the cookies, egg nog, cocktails, etc, etc. Maybe I can get my weight back down at least a couple of pounds by the time our challenge ends.

Trying to lose weight this month seems to be a ridiculously hard choice for me. Hope some of you are having more success!

****I will get an updated spreadsheet up in the next 24 hours.***
  • MarineWifey09
    Options
    Great job, Wimberly!

Thanks Mimi! I see your updates and you are burning calories like it's cool!! Proud of you!
  • MarineWifey09
    Options
    Today's weight = 228

Up a few pounds due to everything that is going on in my life right now! Only been to the gym once since Zack was born and my eating has been less than stellar. My plan is to get back to it starting Sunday when I go back to work.

Dave

4r5nki.jpg

Hey I think a new baby being born is an A-ok write-off for the couple pounds :) congrats Dave!
  • MarineWifey09
    Options
    Does anyone have any good dessert recipes that are low-cal? I am making my husband and I a mini Christmas dinner since it is just us and want something diet-friendly for me and I will make his normal lol. Thanks for any and all ideas!!
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any good dessert recipes that are low-cal? I am making my husband and I a mini Christmas dinner since it is just us and want something diet-friendly for me and I will make his normal lol. Thanks for any and all ideas!!

I've been collecting a lot of stuff from the recipes forum; I'll post some up later tonight when I'm not at work.
  • MarineWifey09
    Options

I've been collecting a lot of stuff from the recipes forum; I'll post some up later tonight when I'm not at work.

Aww yay thanks!
  • henney16
    henney16 Posts: 288
    Options
    Today's weight = 228

No change from last week, but I'm not complaining since I haven't worked out and have over indulged on the cookie exchange my wife did with her coworkers....at this point I am just looking to maintain my weight thru the holidays with all that has been going on. Get back to the losing Jan 2nd!

Dave
  • Mandalicious
    Options
    Check it out! Update spreadsheet:

http://www.schmole.com/myfitnesspal/resultsNY2012.htm

Hope everyone is hanging in there during these temptation-ridden times! And hope you are all enjoying some time with friends/family/loved ones!

I have been sick, sick, sick with a nasty cold. It seems that it gets a little better, I go running, and the next day it is worse again. I have had it for a week now, so I am hoping to beat it soon! The good news for me is that I am back down to 127 lbs this week. (That's THREE pounds less than last week, but two pounds above my lowest weight in the last several weeks.) At this point, I want to maintain that 127 for another week. I think I can do it even with the holidays if I can just get my runs in! Then I am hoping to go a little lower by the January 6th weigh-in! Maintenance now, then progress in the new year!!!!!!!

Kudos to Dave - the new daddy - on maintaining this week. :)
  • MarineWifey09
    Options
    Check it out! Update spreadsheet:

http://www.schmole.com/myfitnesspal/resultsNY2012.htm

Hope everyone is hanging in there during these temptation-ridden times! And hope you are all enjoying some time with friends/family/loved ones!

I have been sick, sick, sick with a nasty cold. It seems that it gets a little better, I go running, and the next day it is worse again. I have had it for a week now, so I am hoping to beat it soon! The good news for me is that I am back down to 127 lbs this week. (That's THREE pounds less than last week, but two pounds above my lowest weight in the last several weeks.) At this point, I want to maintain that 127 for another week. I think I can do it even with the holidays if I can just get my runs in! Then I am hoping to go a little lower by the January 6th weigh-in! Maintenance now, then progress in the new year!!!!!!!

Kudos to Dave - the new daddy - on maintaining this week. :)

Thanks for the update Mandy! I hope you feel better :(

I am weighing in tomorrow. I completely forgot to do it today. I think it's easier for me to go on Saturdays anyway.

I have been doing great all week and as I say that I eat a fresh baked peanut butter cookie my neighbor made. She had her son pass them out to everyone in the unit we share, lol. It was cute. I love the holidays but hate how weak my self-control is! LOL
  • Balanced_Life
    Options
    I'm really embarrassed to report that this past week has been a complete disaster. Work was very hectic, and I ended up only exercising on 2 days and eating a lot of the holiday sweets around the office every day because I was stressed. What's worse is that when co-workers talked to me about what they would be doing with their families during the holiday break next week (my company has holidays all of next week), a lot of the emotions from my break up last month got stirred up again and I got really depressed on top of being stressed. My eating went out of control and I ended up having big late night binges almost every night.

I'm sure that I gained a lot of weight this week, and doing a weigh-in now would demoralizing...so I'm going to skip the weigh-in this week. This coming week I'm going to work on re-establishing my eating and exercise routine, and try to get my eating stabilized. I going to get started on that next Mon., since I have big holiday meals with family scheduled for this weekend. Hopefully I can get my weight down by next Friday's weigh-in!