Vegan breakfast?

Options
Fairysoul
Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
So what do all you vegans have for breakfast? I am going to go vegan after the new year and I need some ideas, I am not big on processed foods, but I like tofu.

Replies

• victoria1957
    victoria1957 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Every night I haul out my juicer and juice for the next morning....typically it is kale, carrots, cucumbers, apples all mixed together or whatever I have in my fridge. I have been doing this for about 6 months now and I feel 20 years younger...you get so much micronutrients....check out the documentary by Joe Cross. Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. It is incredibly informative and motivational. I love it and it really jump started my journey. I am not vegan that is so hard to do but, I am probably 99% vegetarian! Good luck in your new endeavor!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    my bff thats vegan loves hit oats with almond milk, berries, and nuts!
  • Dreadz_Veggies_4Life
    Options
    tofu crumble with veggies, oats, porridge, quinoa, grits, cereal, fruit, potatoes, and the list goes on :) breakfast is always good!
  • yogavegan
    yogavegan Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    i am now a morning green juicer... kale, cuke, apple/pear, ginger and lemon.
    but before that i was either a toast w/hummus or avocado girl
    i have also been known to enjoy cold cereal with almond milk. uncle sam cereal or puffins.
    bagels are a sometimes treat, but i have a tendency to be starving after i eat high carbs in the morning.
    rolled oats cooked with a tsp of almond or peanut butter and almond milk.

congrats on your decision to go vegan!
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Some ideas:

A piece of fresh fruit, or fruit salad plus:

*Sprouted whole wheat toast with peanut butter
    *Oatmeal with flaxseed, non-dairy milk, fruit, and sweetener of choice
    *Vegan crepes or pancakes with maple syrup
    *Scrambled tofu and veggies with toast
    *Hash browns, veggie sausage (Field Roast brand is yummy)
    *Whole grain bagel with hummus, sprouts and other veggies (I have 1/2 bagel open-faced)
    *Cold cereal (Cheerios or shredded wheat for low sugar) with non-dairy milk
    *For the unorthodox: Salad with chickpeas and a mild dressing
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Oh, I forgot smoothies. It's cold here in the northeastern US, so I tend not to think of smoothies until May, or June.
  • VeganFoodieMom
    VeganFoodieMom Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I drink a coffee smoothie every morning. Here's why:
    -It tastes better than Starbucks Frappuccinos
    -It has a significant dose of the nutrients that can sometimes be lacking in a vegan diet: iron, calcium, protein, and the B vitamins

Here's my recipe:
    -cold coffee (brew the night before and refrigerate)
    -chocolate rice protein powder (Nutribiotic brand)
    -vanilla rice protein powder (Nutribiotic Spectrum Shake)
    -extract (vanilla, vanilla nut, and almond are my favorites)
    -1/2 cup fruit (peaches, pears or banana)
    -flax oil (some days, depending on the rest of my day's calories)
    -stevia (on days I have a sweet tooth)

I also like to have oatmeal with flaxseeds and blueberries. Kashi Go Lean makes a high-protein hot cereal that's yummy.

I've been vegetarian since age 10, and vegan for the past 5 years -- along with my kids and SO -- so if you have other questions, please ask! Good luck!