New here and need to lose my baby weight

Options
Hello all, New here but not to weight loss. In high school I lost over 100 pounds and have kept it off other then during pregnancy. We just had our second child and I am ready to get back into shape, better then before I hope! I have 23 pounds to loose. Looking for support, encouragement and new ideas!

PS how do I get my ticker to post with my messages??

Replies

• Mama2LiLGirls
    Options
    Hey there! I'm new to here too. I just signed up a minute ago. I'm also a mom of two girls. My oldest is 4 1/2 and my youngest just turned 1. I'm 28 and I really want to lose this baby/stay at home mom weight. I would like to lose at least 25lbs! I know its going to be hard but I really want to. I'm getting zumba 2 for wii for Christmas! So hopefully that will help! Maybe we can motivate eachother! :)
  • entranced
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. The use of pregnancy as an "excuse" to yourself for not exercising or dieting...it's a feeling that keeps biting at you. Honestly though, it's all about diet and exercise. As long as you can keep pushing it, you'll get results. Most postpartum moms just don't do anything about the extra pounds they put on because they think "it's normal, it's pregnancy." But the truth is, they don't have to have the extra baby fat. The weight won't just disappear by itself, it's not going to go away. You need to work at it just like anything else. Sorry if I sound harsh. I'm just trying to state the cold facts and hopefully let you see a new perspective.

How do you lose the extra pounds? You've heard it before- diet and exercise. You need to find an exercise regimen that works for you and most importantly (probably the most important part of all), stick to it and stay committed to it. It's easy to make a schedule and follow it for a few days, maybe even a week. But to see results, you need to follow the schedule until you reach whatever weight you desire. Don't quit too early, and don't quit halfway. As for actually making a diet and exercise regimen, there are plenty of self-help books out there. I have a friend who was in the same situation and tried to lose weight for half a year. It took her a long time, but she finally made it. She bought a book and created an exercise and diet regimen just for her, and she stuck to it. She lost weight. That's all there is. It's not magic. Sure, it took her a while and I she needed support (mainly from me), but I pushed her and she finally slimmed her body back down to her goal (I won't reveal it for her sake). I found a review of the book below in case you're interested. There are a lot of "lose weight" books out there, but only a few are dedicated specifically for postpartum moms. The diet and exercises you follow should be made just for moms. You need to make sure you're doing the right regimen or else you won't get the right results. So, in summary, find the right diet and exercise regimen (something dedicated for moms), plan and out and cater it to fit your lifestyle, and then DO IT and stick to it. If you want a slimmed body and results, you'll have to work for it. But the thing is, it's not impossible. If my friend can do it, so can you!

http://allthingsbaby.co.cc/the-fit-yummy-mummy-plan/

Hope this helps.