MFP has made me obsess over food.......

Options
in a totally good way! I've always been a frugal shoppper and fan of left overs but MFP has really brought it out in me. I continuously think about what's in the fridge and how it could be put together to taste awesome and be healthy.

Today's lunch: I saw a few days ago about using hummus in tuna salad instead of mayo. I had 4tbsp of home made hummus left in my fridge and tuna in the cupboard. Result = Totally Awesome! I had it on a roll with the last of my pumpkin soup from Halloween that was getting lonely in the freezer.

Way tastier than anything I could go out and buy for the same amount of money and total time from freezer to my belly was about 6min.

Replies

• WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Awesome! :)
  • chai_latte
    chai_latte Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    completely agree :) same here, I have started to double think....even triple think the items I put in my shopping cart, on my plate, in my mouth. I've also started reading labels on anything and everything! :)

It's a good thing I think! yay to us!
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I've searched out new recipes online and bought two new cookbooks due to MFP, but we've tried some great new meals! Our new favorite is Carrot and Leek soup.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I like cookery programs but find myself watching them and thinking how many calories are in it when they are adding double cream etc or putting loads of salt on.

I can't go to those restaurants now where they cook it in front of you and see all the oil thats going on it and haven't been able to eat takeaways for months now I know how many calories are in them from various TV programs!

A food I discovered after dieting which I had never had before is Butternut squash I love slices roasted in oven and have with plate of salad.