Those of you at 1200 cals. a day...

Options

Replies

• jmdolan
    jmdolan Posts: 128
    Options
    Today I had

An arnolds sandwhich thin with a table spoon of teddie peanut butter - 200 cals

Mid morning I had carrot stick with laughing cow cheese and an apple

For lunch i had a salad with Fat free italian dressing and a chobani yogurt

Mid afternoon i will have a lower sugar instant oatmeal they are very low in calories

For dinner spagetti squash with broccoli, spinach, onions and peppers with 1/2 cup sauce

Ill have some calories left over - so ill have a snack- maybe some jello and fat free cool whip, or a 100 cal popcorn snack, granola bar or some dry cereal
  • kelligirl
    kelligirl Posts: 210
    Options
    To start with (at about 7:30 a.m.) I usually have 1/2 c frozen berries w/ 3 oz. of Dannon nonfat yogurt mixed in. (the yogurt freezes and attaches itself to the berries...mmmmm) Between 9-11 I have a lowfat, lowcarb whole wheat tortilla with .5 -1T peanut butter (mixed w/ ground flaxseed and hot water to spread it out) & 1/2 small banana wrapped up in it OR a few baby carrots & a Weight Watchers string cheese. At noon I have 1/2 - 1 c. lowfat cottage cheese and loads of veggies.... tomato, cucumber, yellow pepper strips, 1/4 avacoda and 1 slice Wasa Multigrain Crisp Bread. 1-3 I usually snack on the other 1/2 of my yogurt and a few raw almonds. For dinner, usually a salad or cottage cheese w/ little lf dressing, meat - chicken, fish or some steak with loads of steamed or roasted veggies. Depending on where I'm at with my calories for the day, I might make a shake w/ skim mik, 1/2 c frozen blueberries, 1/2 sm frozen banana & a scoop of beachbody whey protein powder. It's thick like ice cream! I don't eat much of anything that has added flour or sugar or is processed, and it all looks great, BUT I'm also not losing, so..... go figure! Oh - and I drink about 120 oz. of water everyday.
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Mushroom omelet out of 2 eggs and 5 fresh medium mushrooms cooked with Pam spray, 1 slice of low-fat American (sandwich) cheese, 1 teaspoon low-carb Heinz ketchup
    Calories:245

Low fat fruit yogurt (100 grams / 3.5 ounces), half a grapefruit
    Calories: 136

Tuna Salad with 100 grams / 3.5 ounces of mixed lettuce salad, 80 grams / 2.8 ounces of canned tuna light (in water), 1 medium tomato, one quarter onion and two tablespoons of one carb olive oil and vinegar salad dressing
    Calories: 286

Chicken fingers: 80 grams / 2.8 ounces of skinless chicken breast, cut into stripes, cooked with Pam spray and seasoned with salt and pepper
    Calories: 90

200 grams / 7.1 ounces cod filet cooked with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and with half a onion, 100 grams / zucchini, 1 cup (92 grams / ) sliced green (sweet) pepper, 70 grams / fresh mushrooms
    Calories: 353

1 cup of Strawberries (152 grams / 5.4 ounces)
    Calories: 50

Total for meal:1160 calories, this leaves me room, for some almonds before I go to bed :wink: and as you can see, i'm eating quite often, this was my last entry in my fod log before my accident, i'm on a semi-liquid diet right now THAT SUCKS!
  • velezdina
    velezdina Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:
    Light whole grain English muffin (100 cal.) with scramble Egg beaters and 1 slice of Kraff 2% sharp cheddar and a cup of black coffee.The whole thing is about 200 calories and very fulfilling and yummy.
    Also good for breakfast, Quaker instant oatmeal, low sugar, only little bit over 100 calories and it's very fulfilling.

Lunch:
    Progesso light soup (1 cup) and a sandwhich (light Wonder bread with one slice of 2% sharp cheddar, 1 slice of 99% fat free Smoked Ham, 1 big tomato slice) or a salad (tomato, lettuce and olive oil with wine vinegar). I try to keep lunch at 350-400 cals.

Dinner:
    I try to keep it at 400 cals or less. It's all about portion size. Sometime I have small portion of spagetti with marinara sauce and a 3-4 oz baked (or boiled) chicken breast. Or a 3 oz lean sirloin steak (grilled) with steam veggies.

I allow myself 2 snacks a day (100 calories each). Chips Ahoy (100 calorie packs) are awesome! or Yoplain fat free. Other options are Curves 90 cal microwave pop-cornand Jello sugar free gelatin is delicious and it's only 10 calories a cup....sometimes I eat 3 a day of these!
    And, very important, I drink lots of water thorughout the day, and I am never hungry.

Best of luck!
  • bareden
    bareden Posts: 19
    Options
    My doctor has put me on 1200 cals a day and I am having the same problem as you. I am SO hungry and the calories get used up SO fast. She has also restricted 5 things from my diet: pasta, bread, rice, potatoes and sweets. I am having a very hard time. Hope it gets easier for you :smile:
  • jtintx
    jtintx Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    One thing I've noticed is that everyone seems to eat more fruit than I do...which is almost none - I eat apples at Subway. Lunch is usually right at 350 cal. I'm eating over 300 cal. for breakfast and 300+ for snacks....maybe I should cut back in those areas? Or maybe I'm just expecting to eat too much for dinner? I guess I need to get out of the mindset that dinner needs to be a "real" meal and the big meal of the day.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    maybe you should eat more calories.
  • jtintx
    Options
    maybe you should eat more calories.
    If I eat more calories I won't be at a deficit....how can you lose weight (fat) if you aren't at a deficit?
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    what are your stats?
    height weight age?
  • jtintx
    Options
    what are your stats?
    height weight age?
    5'5"/153/47
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    so I just calculated based on your stats and if you are only "lightly active" then you get 1300 calories a day. If you are "active" then you get 1440 cals/day.

what do you do for work?
  • jtintx
    Options
    so I just calculated based on your stats and if you are only "lightly active" then you get 1300 calories a day. If you are "active" then you get 1440 cals/day.

what do you do for work?
    desk job...at my desk almost all day.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    then I'd pick "lightly active" and you get 1300.
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    I'm at 1290 net per day. Here's my meals for tomorrow (which I just packed in my lunch box... it's a lot of freakin' food!)

Breakfast:
    Kashi Honey Sunshine cereal with blueberries and skim milk
    Coffee with Purvia and cream

Morning Snack:
    One cup of mixed fresh fruit - strawberries, black berries and kiwi

Lunch:
    Salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, three bean salad, tuna and light italian dressing
    All Bran crackers
    Light string cheese

Afternoon Snack:
    sliced banana
    1/4 cup Fage non fat yogurt
    1/4 cup Kashi Go Lean cereal

Dinner:
    Whole wheat rotini with italian style veggie sausage, sauteed peppers, onions and mushrooms, chunky spagetti sauce and mozzerella cheese

I think it's 1206 calories for the whole lot.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    so with a bmr of around 1330 to 1360, and a bmi (as flawed as that calc is) of around 25.3 I don't think that you should be at a 600 calorie deficit. you should be more like a 300 calorie deficit IMHO. It'll go slower, but you won't feel hungry, and you won't plateau as much. You'd be surprised at what a healthy increase in calories can do for your metabolism.

Just my opinion, but 1lb plus a week when your in the healthy range is a lot to try for.
  • Jeepluvr99
    Jeepluvr99 Posts: 12
    Options
    I eat LOTS of salad with warmed no skin chicken breasts or tunafish for PM meal and recommend spray dressings as they taste good and work really well as a low calorie, high taste addition. Rice with veggies at noon meal and use Mrs. Dash for seasonings (there are 7 or 8 and all are pretty good.) I like crunchy foods, so I eat celery with low fat peanut butter (carefully) or 4-5 no salt crackers and eat raw fruit, never canned. Only skim milk and LOTS and LOTS of water (I use FRS energy or Crystal light 10 calorie packs as it helps the monotony) to help keep my appetite in check. If I get a salt craving I add lemon juice (lightly) or a dash of vinegar.

SNACKS: (remember fruit has natural sugar so don't go hogwild--and watermellon is a natural diuretic so don't eat it too close to bedtime or you'll be up all night!)
    Unfrosted miniwheat cereal, dry
    trail mix, measured
    yogurt or homemade applesauce (boiled down, no sugar added)
    low fat cottage cheese with tomato slices or fresh peach slices
    grapes and sliced bananas
    Raisins or lowfat Special K bars, read your labels, though as there are 2 sizes of bars (Meal and snack size) I've found the meal bars helpful when I'm in a pinch, they do satisfy my hunger for quit a long while.

sounds dismal, but I change it up when I need or want to and it works OK. My kids like it, too, so I set a good example.
  • redreamingme
    Options
    Breakfast: Slimfast or cottage cheese and apple sauce
    Lunch: 2 tangerines or nuts and crakers
    Dinner: Vegetarian chicken or vege delight at subway
    Snacks: nuts, crackers, apple sauce, tangerines, slice of cheese, cottage cheese
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    For those of you who are at the 1200 calories per day level, what does your food intake look like for the day? What do you have for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks? I'm finding it very hard to stay at 1200 cals. Having some exercise calories to eat back helps, but on my rest day or days I just can't workout I need to stay at 1200 and need some food ideas. Thanks.

It looks like Imma gonna exercise!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously, I am at 1200 but make sure to earn at least 200 a day from exercise. At 1200 I am starving, at 1400 I am not. Crazy, huh?

1200 looks like

1 egg + 1 egg white
    1/2 slice american cheese
    whole wheat english
    1/2 banana

2 tbls hummus
    8 baby carrots

4 oz chic breast
    3 cups mixed spring lettuce
    1/2 tomato
    carrots
    2 tlbs EVOO/Balsamic dressing

1 tbls peanut butter
    1 slice whole grain bread

4 oz salmon
    1tsp EVOO
    cup broc
    1/2 cup brown rice

snack if I have the cals-almonds 12-24
  • sabes2631
    sabes2631 Posts: 403
    Options
    great post., i struggle at 1200 a day...
    will post my food from work... LATE:(
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I think if you eat lots of veggies and lean protein, you can eat a lot! Also, make sure that you're drinking milk (skim). I know you probably don't want to add the calories, but it's a proven fat burner! I am amazed at how much I can eat at 1200 calories if I just eat the right things. I feel like I'm constantly eating! Also, look for food with at least 3 grams of fiber - that will help you feel more full.