Working out while sick

Options
I've had a cough for--seriously--over a month now? I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with bronchitis about 2 weeks ago, finished a round of prednisone, and I'm STILL coughing (not as bad--it doesn't sound as deep-lung-barky, but it's still there).

Anyway. I'm anxious to start running again. I might just wait out the rest of the year to make sure I don't get worse, but would you work out like this?

I'm still doing some lighter home strength training (mostly core/legs with exercise ball and pushups, and that's been okay).

Replies

• ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Bronchitis, affects the lungs so I wouldn't run but I would keep up with the light exercise if it wasn't bothering me.
  • calderst
    calderst Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Maybe try a short jog around the block and see how it feels.... stay close to home in case you find you're not up to it yet. If that feels ok, then go further. Listen to your body; it will tell you what it can/can't do.
  • busterbluth
    busterbluth Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I was going to try out the treadmill at my dad's and see how that goes so I won't be breathing in all that cold air. I'm just so impatient about it. . .it seems like it's been FOREVER.