Feeling Awful/Serious Regret!

Options
I really really messed up over the past 2 days. Wedding dress shopping (eye opening, and depressing! Couldn't look at anything but my big arms!) and then wine, sushi, more wine with my friend I haven't seen in months....wake up moderately hung over yesterday, then last minute christmas shopping, driving for 3 hours in horrible weather led to a day of grossness today-sugary cereal, cheese and bread to name a few, and the past 2 days have been bad and I didn't keep track really. Plus I haven't worked out in 3 days. Anyone else go through this? I was doing really really well for about a full week (as I just restarted this). I do NOT want to lose the good work and mentality I had before, but am hating myself for saying "screw it" today. I'm hoping I wake up with the desire to do a serious work out tomorrow, as I know it will not happen tonight. UGGH.

Replies

• Mom2Asa
    Mom2Asa Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    It happens---It's called life and you can't beat yourself up about it!! What is done is done and don't regret it---just get up in the AM and do better. When you beat yourself up you end up giving up when it is all said and done.

This is maybe the biggest reason I calorie cycle because I intend on living my life---I am not on a diet!!!! DIETS DON"T WORK----better choices do!! I make better choices, I eat smaller portions but I still live my life and eat the foods I enjoy or I will FAIL!!!!

You can look at every single day of my diary and you will not see a veggie one on it anywhere----I don't eat veggies and never will---the occassionaly salad with spiniach but as far as carrots and celery go---UH NO!! I take what I like, eat smaller protions and in moderation for the things I really like.I have mytreats just now maybe only one a day instead of 10 LOL

Tomorrow is a new day!!
  • wantthistowork
    Options
    It happens---It's called life and you can't beat yourself up about it!! What is done is done and don't regret it---just get up in the AM and do better. When you beat yourself up you end up giving up when it is all said and done.

This is maybe the biggest reason I calorie cycle because I intend on living my life---I am not on a diet!!!! DIETS DON"T WORK----better choices do!! I make better choices, I eat smaller portions but I still live my life and eat the foods I enjoy or I will FAIL!!!!

You can look at every single day of my diary and you will not see a veggie one on it anywhere----I don't eat veggies and never will---the occassionaly salad with spiniach but as far as carrots and celery go---UH NO!! I take what I like, eat smaller protions and in moderation for the things I really like.I have mytreats just now maybe only one a day instead of 10 LOL

Tomorrow is a new day!!

Thank you. I agree with you about trying to live your life! In fact, I don't even regret all the sushi, wine, cheese and crackers that I enjoyed with my friends. What I am most upset about is that my fiance has been at work all day today (still is!), so I have been basically going from the couch to the fridge/pantry all day just sort of mindlessly grazing. THAT is what I most regret-and I blame exhaustion and the fact that I don't drink much any more so when I do it just sort of wipes me out! (Got together with my college best friend, we basically acted LIKE we were back in college again with how much we drank-only we are 14 years out! Can't treat our bodies the way we did back then-and certainly don't have the tolerance to do so!)