NSV Help

Options
RahBuhBuh
RahBuhBuh Posts: 585 Member
I lost a chunk of my workout time today and I'm really not all that unhappy about it.

Right after I started my weight warm up, a lady started seeking my help on how to use the different equipment. So, I showed her how to do tricep pulldowns, lat press, dips,and leg curls.

It may not seem like much, but I was thrilled. When I joined the gym in March I had no idea what most of the equipment was or how to use it properly. It felt great that someone saw that I was competent in what I call the "meat head" section of the gym and wanted my help.

Replies

• Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!!! You may have very well debunked or allayed any fears that this person had in perhaps approaching what can be seen as intimidating to some people!

Thank you. You did a good thing.... well worth it because while YOU may have another workout in YOUR, you may have made SURE there's another workout in hers!!!
  • RahBuhBuh
    Options
    That was about one of the most encouraging things to say. Thanks for that.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I think this is really sweet. Well done.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    what a sweetie!
  • V_Zanoudakis
    V_Zanoudakis Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    i really wish someone had done that for me when i first joined a gym. i joined when i was pretty young like 15ish and i was nervous to use machines since i didnt want to be embarrassed by doing it wrong. you get extra good karma points for that!
  • InvictusPheonix
    InvictusPheonix Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    hmmmm maybe she liked your muscles?
  • stephanie_salvi
    Options

^^ this. I've done this before, to spend a little time with a hottie.

No shame, either. :wink:
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing, it's a good way to get into a conversation.....playing DUMB. It generally works :laugh:
  • InvictusPheonix
    InvictusPheonix Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing, it's a good way to get into a conversation.....playing DUMB. It generally works :laugh:
    Butttt it scares away a hottie if you offer help/assume they need advice!
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    thats pretty amazing!! ;p
  • Thena81
    Options
  • Thena81
    Options
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Everyday heros get my vote everytime! Thanks for helping out someone who was unusure of themselves. Someday she'll pay it forward and think of you. :flowerforyou:
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I love real-life pay it forward stories. You may not have burned as many calories in your own workout today, but you get bonus points!
  • AriannaTiyen42
    AriannaTiyen42 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of getting a trainer just to learn how to use all the equipment at my new gym correctly. I think its great she found someone like you to help her out and not assume she was flirting or hitting on you :)
  • RahBuhBuh
    Options

^^ this. I've done this before, to spend a little time with a hottie.

No shame, either. :wink:

I'm pretending this is how it was. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!