I'm hungary!

Options
I find that having two really good meals in the day, breakfast and lunch, with two snacks/ small meals helps to keep me focused and on track for my daily calorie goal of 1230. But lately, I've been feeling really hungary throughout the day. I'm not a great snacker, once I start I find it really hard to stop, so am not sure what to do. Any advice?

Thank you!

Replies

• iHEARTcardiacnurses
    Options
    Well make some Chile but don't add too much Greece or you might be in a Russia to go to the bathroom!
  • thesmellofapples
    thesmellofapples Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    czech the fridge, then.
  • backstreet1008
    Options
    I go through phases like this but I find if you really push yourself to stop eating and distract yourself by doing something else (working out, cleaning, etc) you can get past it. After a few days of doing this it's easier to get back on track and you won't have as much hunger/cravings.

Also for your snacks, make sure you measure out your serving and put it in a bowl, then put the rest of the food out of reach.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I like Turkey. The protein will keep you satisfied longer.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    czech the fridge, then.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    czech the fridge, then.

egészségédre :drinker:

(Hungarian for "Cheers")
  • grobbygru
    grobbygru Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Demark your name on the container, unless there is Norway you will end up with it
  • thisisabbie
    thisisabbie Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Kenya eat some Brazil nuts?

When Iraq up too many calories from snacking, I Burma some off by going for a Rome around the block! Occasionally Iran too!
  • magdaleneg
    magdaleneg Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your input :) Generally speaking, I'm usually over my protein goals, which is surprising since I don't eat much meat. . . I will however try some chile, mmmmm. Also, I have been fighting through the hunger, but I feel like I'm mistreating my body sometimes by depriving it. I'm hoping that it will pass and that my groans and grumbles stop!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your input :) Generally speaking, I'm usually over my protein goals, which is surprising since I don't eat much meat. . . I will however try some chile, mmmmm. Also, I have been fighting through the hunger, but I feel like I'm mistreating my body sometimes by depriving it. I'm hoping that it will pass and that my groans and grumbles stop!

Try fiber, but not the kind in Oriental rugs! High fiber foods are also satisfying.
  • magdaleneg
    magdaleneg Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I put flax seeds in almost everything I eat. And I devour pears regularly :s
  • 14laxfh
    Options
    GUM!! helps me every time
  • lenny776
    Options
    Drinking water throughout the day can help to hold over those cravings and eating plenty of veggies with a good amount of fiber will help. When it comes to snacks something that helps me is to separate big bags of snacks into a single serving and putting them into zip lock bags. This helps me to know what I'm eating and to stop at one serving. Also listen to your body and if you are hungry a lot then you might not be getting enough calories and that could be putting your body into 'starvation mode' and you will be holding on to all the bad stuff. If you give your body what it needs each day then it will be more willing to let go of the reserves.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I like Turkey. The protein will keep you satisfied longer.

Hungary and Turkey go great together :laugh: (Hungarian married to a Turk lol)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    If you find yourself being very hungry you may need to increase your calories. 1230 may not be enough for you.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    This thread made me lol. Thank you everyone, I needed that.
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    Oh boy ... someone has a bad spell and everyone jokes. They were funny though lol.

Your profile tells us little but 1230 may not be enough.

You may be losing too quickly and your body is calling out for more energy.

Calories = energy.

Fats, proteins, and other macros serve their purpose too.

You may be trying to exercise but instead of burning fat but instead your body may have to deal with it another way.

Hunger may be your body's natural reaction.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options

Surely you mean GUAM. :bigsmile:
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Hilarious! Thanks for the laugh!
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    Options