High protein snacks

Options
Hello all I need some high protein snacks that I can snack on while in class... usually i just take an apple but I am really trying to up my protein. I have some greek yogurt already and I dont do hardboiled eggs and i am allergic to nuts x__x Any other ideas?

Replies

• kir911
    kir911 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    beef jerky or ready made protein shakes
  • grandtheftuno
    Options
    seasoned and toasted chickpeas are apparently good. I haven't tried them yet, but I guess you just drain/rinse/drain some chickpeas, toss them in oil and seasonings, spread them out on a cookie sheet, bake for 20 @ 350, then give them a shuffle and bake for 20 more. I don't know what their shelf life is once prepped.

Are there any types of seeds you can eat? I mix up my own trail mix with seeds and dried fruit (and sometimes a few chocolate chips) and I find a handful or so gets me through.

sometimes I sound like a bigger hippie than I actually am.
  • lenny776
    Options
    I eat a lot of beef jerky and tuna packets but the tuna might not go over too well in class.
  • rico1923
    Options
    Edamame, soy nuts roasted chickpeas, seasoned seitan, baked and seasoned polenta cubes, cheese cubes are a good place to start. Here in Southwestern US we have lots of Mexican stuff like roasted chickpeas w/chile lime seasoning that taste soooo much better than Corn Nuts w/a huge amount of protein to boot.
  • miss_p90x
    miss_p90x Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    lara bars, string cheese, peanut butter with fruit (bananas or apples)