Christmas Day

Options
insane4train
insane4train Posts: 58 Member
Is it wrong to go to the gym on Christmas day..just feels weird...just sayin.

Replies

• Deckershann
    Deckershann Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'll be there...I have nothing else to do and everything else will be closed.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I might go in the arvo.. not completely sure yet..

either way, i burnt off extra cals today and am saving them til tomorrow.
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'll be in the kitchen and with family for most of the day. I might go for a walk after dinner (and before dessert :blushing: ) however.
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    My gym is open 1/2 day Dec 24 and closed Dec 25. The people that work there have families, too. I just don't think it's right to patronize businesses that keep their employees working on a family holiday. Just the opinion of someone who is forced to work holidays.
  • insane4train
    insane4train Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My gym is open 1/2 day Dec 24 and closed Dec 25. The people that work there have families, too. I just don't think it's right to patronize businesses that keep their employees working on a family holiday. Just my opinion.

Mines open but not staffed, so nobody misses out...is it still wrong?
  • thunderlight7
    Options
    Im with you. Ill be there also. Getting one in.
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    My gym is open 1/2 day Dec 24 and closed Dec 25. The people that work there have families, too. I just don't think it's right to patronize businesses that keep their employees working on a family holiday. Just my opinion.

I didn't mean to sound so judgmental. :blushing: Go for it! Health comes first.
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I don't use a gym but I will be doing my workout and getting a swim in before our dinner. The triplets are getting their first skis this Christmas so no doubt we will be heading up the mountain too so Sophs can ski with her Dad. So definately not a day of rest for me! I'd say if you want to go to the gym you should go ahead, get it over with early in the day so it doesn't impose on family time. If you don't go you will spend the day with Gym-itch - where you think about it because you haven't been (not the kind when you don't change your shorts after a work out!)
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    No. I would if i could. But my gym will be closed. I have a date with my bike instead.
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options

• Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    If I was a member of a gym that was open christmas day then I would be there but I will be going on the tredmil at home and walking 8km to christmas lunch.
  • julie204
    julie204 Posts: 130
    Options
    WELL SAID I AGREE I CANT BELEAVE A GYM IS OPEN ON XMAS DAY AND I CANT BELEAVE PEOPLE GO TO GYM EVEN IF ITS OPEN ON XMAS DAY ITS FAMILY TIME
    My gym is open 1/2 day Dec 24 and closed Dec 25. The people that work there have families, too. I just don't think it's right to patronize businesses that keep their employees working on a family holiday. Just the opinion of someone who is forced to work holidays.
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    WELL SAID I AGREE I CANT BELEAVE A GYM IS OPEN ON XMAS DAY AND I CANT BELEAVE PEOPLE GO TO GYM EVEN IF ITS OPEN ON XMAS DAY ITS FAMILY TIME

mine is a 24/7 gym so we swipe ourselves in there is hardly ever staff there
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    If you're single then what's wrong with going to the gym before going to your parent's place for xmas dinner?
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Well, in Turkey Christmas Day doesn't mean much, so I'll stick to my routine and do a workout before having a nice lunch with colleagues. If I were home with my family in Australia, I doubt I'd go.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    It's not wrong to go to the gym on Christmas Day... but I'm amazed that your gym is open on Christmas day!!!!!

My gym's closed on Christmas Day and Boxing Day... so no sneaking out to swim. Then it's open weekend hours on the interstitial dates before closing again on New Year's Day... not that I'd be in any fit state to go swimming after celebrating Hogmanay down the pub :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

But as of 3rd January it'll be back to business as usual! :bigsmile:

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, and have a fabulously Cool Yule! :drinker:
  • kiwianjel
    kiwianjel Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I say you do what you want to do :) also more calories burned/earned means more turkey and treats for ME!!
  • kag1526
    kag1526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    My gym is closed but it happened to fall that my rest day that is normally planned is christmas day anyway. If I want to I might use the exercise bike though.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Well that depends on you but for me, its not weird at all to go to gym on Xmas day. In fact I have a lower body weight lifting session tomorrow (Xmas day) then after that I'll be heading to 2 family reunions, one from my Dad's & the other to my Mom's.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options

Hey hold on, that's such an immature statement. I also experienced having to work on holidays before & its a given. Gyms are like restaurants, hospitals, telecommunications or pharmacies wherein its a necessity. If you don't want to work on holidays then I say look for a desk job or anything that won't require you to work on holidays rather than bashing your tantrums here like a kid.