Christmas Day

Options
2»

Replies

• My gym is closed Christmas and Boxing Day :( I would love to go to the gym! Boo.

Might go for a run instead.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    My gym is open 1/2 day Dec 24 and closed Dec 25. The people that work there have families, too. I just don't think it's right to patronize businesses that keep their employees working on a family holiday. Just the opinion of someone who is forced to work holidays.

I agree. Can we not use the police on Christmas so I can go home too?
  • lawson305
    Options
    never thought i'd say i wish i was going to the gym on Christmas. Mine is closed - will have to think of another creative way to get some exercise in !
  • workingforthatbody
    Options
    I wish my gym was open on Christmas day too. I don't think there's anything wrong with going to the gym on Christmas.
    I'll probably go for a run or encourage my family to play footy or go for a walk with me :)
  • bloodguilt
    Options
    Is it wrong to go to the gym on Christmas day..just feels weird...just sayin.

Definitely, nothing wrong in going to gym on Christmas Day. It will be weird if you there and EAT instead of pumpin' iron! Lol
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    WELL SAID I AGREE I CANT BELEAVE A GYM IS OPEN ON XMAS DAY AND I CANT BELEAVE PEOPLE GO TO GYM EVEN IF ITS OPEN ON XMAS DAY ITS FAMILY TIME
    My gym is open 1/2 day Dec 24 and closed Dec 25. The people that work there have families, too. I just don't think it's right to patronize businesses that keep their employees working on a family holiday. Just the opinion of someone who is forced to work holidays.

Erm............ and what about the religions or non religious people who don't celebrate Christmas? What about people who lost their loved ones this year and just want it to be a normal day???? Do you know how many people work on Christmas day in ski resorts? Hundreds! They get overtime and if they didn't work the whole resort would close for 2 days (since we celebrate on the 24th here) making lots of people very unhappy! I think you need to look at the bigger picture. You don't have to go to the gym on Christmas day but don't judge those who will. You don't know the whole story.
  • jnite
    jnite Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Also alot of gyms have the swipe system and aren't staffed, but you can still go. Maybe some people should think before posting.
  • Shausil82
    Shausil82 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    My gym is closed tomorrow, which sucks because I would totally be there if it were open. Today I did two workouts in one, just to make up for tomorrow. I kicked my own *kitten*, Jillian Michaels-style.
    I will do some light exercise tomorrow though.
  • redsdrift
    redsdrift Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Go for it i plan on going for a run!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    WELL SAID I AGREE I CANT BELEAVE A GYM IS OPEN ON XMAS DAY AND I CANT BELEAVE PEOPLE GO TO GYM EVEN IF ITS OPEN ON XMAS DAY ITS FAMILY TIME

Hey hold on, that's such an immature statement. I also experienced having to work on holidays before & its a given. Gyms are like restaurants, hospitals, telecommunications or pharmacies wherein its a necessity. If you don't want to work on holidays then I say look for a desk job or anything that won't require you to work on holidays rather than bashing your tantrums here like a kid.

My gym is closed, so I'll be running on the treadmill in my apartment center's fitness center.

As for the "don't patronize a business open on Christmas" comment, that's silly...obviously many people still work on Christmas Day and we should be thankful for the doctors, policemen, and firefighters who are out there taking care of the rest of us. As for me, I'm Jewish. I have to work on some of my religious holidays, because they're not "recognized" holidays (although sometimes I do take time off work for observances). I don't whine about it. The world does still function on Christmas Day.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I don't use a gym but I will be doing my workout and getting a swim in before our dinner. The triplets are getting their first skis this Christmas so no doubt we will be heading up the mountain too so Sophs can ski with her Dad. So definately not a day of rest for me! I'd say if you want to go to the gym you should go ahead, get it over with early in the day so it doesn't impose on family time. If you don't go you will spend the day with Gym-itch - where you think about it because you haven't been (not the kind when you don't change your shorts after a work out!)

"Gym-itch"--love this...I ate Chipotles today and too full to work out now...but am itching for a workout in the AM :)