Regrets and Motivation

Options
My friend Ralph passed away on Sunday. I used to see him 1-2/per year because he lived out of town and we both travel for work. I tried to find a photo to post on FB of Ralph and me. And then I realized something that broke my heart again and just filled me with such sadness and regret.

I didn't have any pictures of me with Ralph from the last few years because I have avoided having my picture taken since I gained weight. And now he's gone and I've let my appearance (and vanity) get in the way of having a wonderful momento of my dear sweet friend and our fun times spent together.

Ralph didn't live long enough to see me make my goal weight, but he has forever provided me with the motivation to reach it. I share this so that you won't have the same regrets and you, too, will stay focused and motivated.

Wishing you and yours a blessed and loving holiday season, Rebecca (aka SundayRiver2u)

Replies

• octoberlightning
    Options
    I'm very sorry to hear about your friend Rebecca. I know how it is to lose a friend (since you replied to my post about her). She has actually been my motivation to be healthier because I want to live a long and happy life. And do things that she said she would do before......but she didn't get to do. I have pictures of her on her facebook page and I go there frequently to just keep myself from not forgetting what she looked like.

For me, I just remember some of the good times I had with my friend and just knowing she'd kick my butt if she knew how sad I've been over her being gone lol. She was a great friend and I loved her very much. No one will ever replace her in my heart.

I hope you have a blessed holiday season as well Rebecca. It's a tough thing to deal with, but you will make it just fine :). *hugs*
  • SundayRiver2u
    SundayRiver2u Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lightning, I'm glad we have become friends through MFP. Big hugs right back!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing this story with us as I'm sure it will put things into perspective for some people.