Heart Rate Monitor

Options
For all those MFP users who have HRM, what do you recommend? I am looking to get one.

Replies

• Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Polar is always best. I have a FT4. It will change your life when you get one, and realise that MFP is so inaccurate for exercise cals burnt.
  • diam0nddagger
    Options
    Polar is always best. I have a FT4. It will change your life when you get one, and realise that MFP is so inaccurate for exercise cals burnt.

I've ordered myself a FT4 (which will hopefully be at home today!) for this exact reason.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Polar.. FT4 or FT7 are the most popular.

There are fancier ones, but it really depends on what you want it to do.
  • kegonzales
    Options
    Thank you the suggestions. Does the polar come with the chest band?
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Yes. It does.
  • amfaery
    amfaery Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    i have the polar too love it
  • Todanaka
    Todanaka Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If you have an Android phone and are willing to have in near you (10m) during your workouts, I'd recommend the " Zephyr Consumer HxM ". It is a chest band and transmitter that connects to your phone via bluetooth. It also provides information about you cadence and distance.
  • mdebbie1026
    mdebbie1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7 is nice, but it's my first one so I have nothing to compare it to. I agree with finding out how few calories you burned in comparison to what the machines tell you and MFP is way off for me. I was pretty bummed and did not like it because of that at first. Then realized it is what it is.
  • shunta864
    Options
    My hubby got me the ft7 for Christmas!! I've heard nothing but good things about it so I'm very excited to try it out myself!!!
  • trkinsky
    trkinsky Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I use a Polar and monitor every workout. I track the results in the Exercise Notes section.
  • Todanaka
    Todanaka Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If you have an Android phone and are willing to have in near you (10m) during your workouts, I'd recommend the " Zephyr Consumer HxM ". It is a chest band and transmitter that connects to your phone via bluetooth. It also provides information about you cadence and distance.

I need to look into that. I want to see price difference

--> http://www.amazon.com/Zephyr-HxM-Delivers-BlackBerry-Smartphones/dp/B002PL33AQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1324740488&sr=1-1

I use it with the SportsTrackLive App
  • lawher1
    Options
    i cannot even begin to tell you how much time i spent on various sites researching, comparing prices, features, reviews, etc etc. (i'm anal like that)... there are a ton of different HRM with lots of features. I was primarily interested in knowing how many calories I was burning for exercise and wanted it to be accurate and relatively easy to use. i ended up going with the polar ft4.....and it has made a huge difference even though i have just restarted this program. ! I seriously now could not imagine exercising without one...good luck on your decision!
  • daisy89
    daisy89 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar Ft7 and I absolutely love it!

I bought the black/red one so it matches all of my workout clothes.

It also has a battery that you can replace yourself, which is nice.

I swim a lot during the spring and it provides me with an excellent reading, and doesn't slip or even get in the way.

A feature that I absolutely LOVE is a compatibility with Precor machines.

I use the elliptical A LOT and when I'm on it my polar "talks" with the elliptical and tells it what my heart rate and calorie burn is. It shows it on the machine's screen so I don't even have to look at my wrist watch.

It really makes a difference with calorie counts and you'll find that MFP exercise counts are notoriously higher than average.