How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• namovicz
    Options
    I weigh everyday. I like to keep a close eye on how I am doing.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Almost every day just to see, but I only do my actual weigh-ins once a week or sometimes after 2 weeks.
  • Steph_Marie29
    Options
    Sometimes daily. I don't log it on here though, I just log it once a week. I am very close to my mini goal weight and it's starting to drive me mad lol.
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself 1 to 3 times a day. First thing in morning, after work and before bed. I'm admitting to being an addict to the scale. I only post 1 or 2 x week though if there is a big enough loss.
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    TOOOOO DARN MUCH! ALMOST EVERYTIME I STEP IN THE BATHROOM!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself 1 to 3 times a day. First thing in morning, after work and before bed. I'm admitting to being an addict to the scale. I only post 1 or 2 x week though if there is a big enough loss.

This is me also. Morning, after morning workout (goodbye another 0.5-1 lbs!) and evening. I like to track all 3 just to see how things are going throughout the day. But I DON'T obssess over the numbers. I'm just somewhat of a data analyst I guess. I like lots and lots of data!!!!!! :)
  • sheppeyescapee
    sheppeyescapee Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh everyday and then take an average of all the data. I found that more helpful than once a week which is what I'm doing at the moment. Because of my stomach problems my weight can fluctuate +/- 6lbs so it is disappointing if it goes up on weigh in day but then plummets back down the day after. Maybe I should go back to this approach? Only log the average of all my weigh ins over the week again.
  • joseph030
    Options
    Once a morning, same time, same conditions. I always way myself without clothes on as well. I do this because I see how different foods and exercises affect my weight . For example when I do an extended cardio workout (> 90 minutes) I tend to be two pounds heavier for the next few days only because of the edema from my extended workout and the lactic acid that builds up.

I may sound compulsive but I can learn to read my body's responses because of this. Also I chart my weight everyday and measure a "trend weight" to see how my weight is trending for year. As long as I am heading in the right direction I am good.

Because I weigh myself everyday under the same conditions, I have a better understanding of my body. That weigh if I am 1-2 pounds up I know why, but if it stays up or trends up then I need to make some changes accordingly.
  • hpynh2o
    hpynh2o Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly. I'm trying to weigh less (pun intended).

My real goal is to reduce body fat and increase lean mass.
    As I reach some of my goals the scale has become less important.
    :)
  • imkevin
    imkevin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Every day in the morning.
    It keeps me motivated to exercise.
  • sunnyd52
    Options
    Every morning about 5am. Helps me stay focused and and on track. :flowerforyou:
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Every Friday morning.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Every day. Reminds me that good nutrition and exercise are a part of my daily personal routine and are as important as brushing my teeth. And btw the scale does fluctuate and I expect it, so i don't stress over it :-)
  • ChocolateisCrack
    ChocolateisCrack Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    too often...I'm a weighing addict!!

Me too!! But it kinda helps keep me focused. I'm not sure that's a bad thing.
  • sunflower_yogi
    sunflower_yogi Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    once a week.... sunday mornings.
  • summersmi
    summersmi Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Sunday mornings before Church. Gives me something to pray about ;).
  • summersmi
    summersmi Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    sorry double post
  • tamaranash
    tamaranash Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Once a week normally a thurs/friday. Then once a month at the drs so I can get my printout from the machine and prove to my dr that I really am losing as much weight as I say I am. Since my city was voted the fattest in the area they have been hot on trying to get people slimmer, the average waistline around here is 40", mine was 45" at my highest and is now around 36-37" :) Our drs get a bonus if they get people to a normal BMI, stop smoking or some other health targets.

This is a good concept! Making M.D.'s accountable to help promote heath.. I realize you can lead a horse to water but not make them drink.. but If you doctor was asking, checking in, and making sure you were "on track" or when you had an excuse, he provided a solution..maybe more people would be pushed that little bit to lose.. I like it..good job for you!!!!!!!!
  • rider123
    Options
    I weigh in every Wednesday morning...Merry Christmas everyone!!!
  • tamaranash
    tamaranash Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I get on the scale almost daily.. I tend to lose focus, and need that as a motivator when I am not feeling "on plan" it helps when I have slipped to get back on track, and when I am doing well.. it makes me more interested in going the distance.. today, back at my lowest (0.2 under) but won't track till a significant loss.. I tend to take time to lose when I slip.. so I need to be accountable.. when I gained the weight it was very slow.. but a few here, a few there.. but I didn't stay accountable with daily weighing and then I stopped weighing and before you know it I was up 20.. so easy isn't it???