Holiday gains?

Options
I'm just wondering how is been dealing with the holidays? Is the food getting to you too much? How's your weight loss going? Have you gained? I've been on and off track the past 10 days.seems like right now I'm maintaining, or going up a little..gained a lot in excess water..at least 10lbs. Not liking it, but not giving up either! I love the Holidays, but with all the dinners/parties its not easy. I just love the food too much during the holidays, the egg not etc.

Replies

• mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 8 pounds since Thanksgiving.
  • sheppeyescapee
    sheppeyescapee Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing too badly this year. I'm allowing myself 2 days off, xmas and boxing day. All the other days I will be eating the same as usual. Even though I'm giving myself those days off I will still plan on eating less than I have on previous years. My xmas breakfast will be half the size it normally is and planning on going out for a walk/push around clifton downs to burn off some of that breakfast :) Indulgence but not to the point of making myself sick.
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    im going to enjoy myself and try to watch my portion control, im not saying no to anything :tongue:

skinny people get to enjoy the holidays why shouldnt I

Happy Holidays everyone
  • westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I've already met my mini-goal that I had set for January 1, so I feel fine eating at maintenance level for the next week or so. The last several weeks, I've focused on really making my non-party days count (strong work-outs, excellent foods and accurate logging), so that the 1-2 days per week that I'm out with friends and family, I'm less concerned about it.

I read this elsewhere on the boards recently: "It's not how you eat between Christmas and New Years that matters -- it's how you eat between New Years and Christmas."
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I am doing fine, thank you for asking.

Holiday food doesn't get to me because I don't care for sweets or heavy meals. I don't have many parties to attend, which is a good thing, and I am exercising and logging as usually, which means every day.

I am on maintenance and keeping my weight under control so I don't worry if I eat a little bit more as long as I am aware of it. I admit that the constant logging is keeping me very accountable and aware of all my choices. So far, so good.

Merry Christmas!
  • Art63
    Art63 Posts: 87
    Options
    Thank you for asking. I feared this time of year a few weeks ago as I'm pretty new to losing weight and was concered I'd blow it with Thanksgiving and Christmas with the family. We usually have tons of food and lots of home made goodies. There was always something to snack on constantly throughout the day.

Well, I've been pleasantly surprised at how well I'm doing. I'm still matching my 1 pound lost per week and haven't felt like bingeing at all. My family is very supportive and purposely have not made as many treats as usual. Now, if we could just slow down the neighbors from bringing their snacks. Ha. Doesn't anyone ever make healthy Christmas snacks? I guess that's just not tradition.
  • wk9t
    wk9t Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 8 pounds since Thanksgiving.

/\ /\ /\

Ditto!
  • wk9t
    wk9t Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I read this elsewhere on the boards recently: "It's not how you eat between Christmas and New Years that matters -- it's how you eat between New Years and Christmas."

Great quote!!!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Just got the following link in my email this morning! Seems helpful :) I was having a rougher time with eating stupid sweets when I was working, but I got laid off last week and it's easier at home because we don't have too much of that stuff!

http://www.rodale.com/holiday-weight-gain-0?page=0,0&cm_mmc=ETNTNL-_-754506-_-12242011-_-body
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Since Thanksgiving I've lost 10lbs. I was 180 on Thanks giving day, I'm 170 today. I'm not using Holiday's as my excuse to binge. I'm going to stay focus. I've already done my workout today, and I've been around sweet's and all my favorite foods, and in my mind I say "Do you need that? Do you want that? Or do you want that hot body you been working for?" The body out wins every time.

Yesterday I was out looking for some Button's for some Christmas gifts I've been making, and I went down the Christmas Aisle and came across all the candy. Yes I was tempted, I even went as far as to tell myself "You can get the sugar free or dark chocolate, it's not so bad." Then I slapped myself out of it by saying "MELISSA! Don't you dare, you've worked way to hard and way to long to let Christmas get to you, just keep pushing." So I walked out of the store with no sweet's. I know I can do this.
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    "It's not how you eat between Christmas and New Years that matters -- it's how you eat between New Years and Christmas."

I love that quote as well. I spent 90 minutes at the gym this morning, 15 miles cycling and 6.77 miles elliptical, to help get a few extra calories to burn. I've been just fine. This is my second holiday season on a healthy lifestyle plan, so it is pretty easy for me. Small amounts and/or bites of whatever I want. Wear my jeans and don't unfasten them! LOL. Stop eating when I'm full and before I"m stuffed. It all works. Happy Holidays everyone
  • khua0808
    Options
    I'm not eating much for breakfast or lunch + doing cardio to prepare for tonight... !
  • bpurc22
    bpurc22 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I ran this morning (40 minutes, longest I have ran since October) but I've already eaten like 1500 calories this morning haha! Christmas is tough for me because I LOVE cookies and other sweets. I'm going to take a break for a long time though (around Dinner) and then eat some more sweets later tonight. It's Christmas season!
  • MelKut
    MelKut Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I don't celebrate Christmas until January 7th :laugh: right now I'm on pre-xmas lent
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I have been slacking but being mindful (just this week) I will enjoy tonight and some tomorrow and be back at it on Monday. And I am going to wait to weigh myself too. Between the treats and that time I know the scale is not on my side this week.

I agree with the above post. Skinny people can enjoy the holidays with no sweat why cant I..... So what if I have to work extra hard for the next 2 weeks to get it off. :-)
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    ive gained a very lil thank God, i try to work out a lot
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    That's the spirit! I'm sure I've gained, too. I'm not weighing myself because I don't want to dwell on that. Just want to enjoy the holidays. I'll weigh myself next year, assess the damage and go from there. LOL
  • gonzalezmona
    gonzalezmona Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I don't tell myself NO to anything. If I want it, then I will have it. I remind myself of my ultimate goal. That I haveto be able to learn to make wise food choices. Temptaion is not just around Christmas Holidays. It's EVERY holiday. Candies, sweets, etc are present on a daily basis. I have had a long deep & not very good relationship with food. I know that in order for me to be successful, I have to be able to walk away with a smile on my face. All of those sweets, etc look so yummy, but I know they will not look so "sweet" on my body....:) Happy Holidays!! Fill your plate with love!! :)
  • SachaMichel
    Options
    I'm eating more daily for sure (sometimes a LOT more) but I don't feel bad about it :tongue:

I don't weigh myself so I'm not sure if I gained, but in the mirror I look sort of the same, besides a more bloated waistline :laugh: