low-cal, filling snacks?

Options
I am having a really hard time. I have gotten so far off track this past week and I am having a hell of a time getting back on track. Today I have done a good job staying with in my calorie limit but i have been hungry all day! I have just been fighting it, cause I can't think of anything else to do (drinking water is not helping tonight).

I finally gave in and had a glass of diet soda (it makes me feel bloated and full).

What are some healthy, low-cal, filling snacks I can eat when I can't beat the hunger?

Replies

• chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, oatmeal, fruit. A bad thing that helps me feel full is a diet soda and a serving of pretezels, you get 30 pretzels for 110 calories, so I think that one may be kind of psychological too :)
  • backstreet1008
    Options
    Veggies! Try celery, baby carrots, bell peppers, etc and dip them in salsa. You can pretty much eat as many as you want and it'd still be difficult to even reach 100 calories.
  • Bal4Life
    Options
    Veggies and hummus. Oatmeal and fruit. Greek yogurt.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Low fat popcorn.
  • Samantha1941
    Samantha1941 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    An ounce of almonds or a cliff or mojo bar or veggies or pita/pita chips with hummus or salsa. Sometimes when I am still hungry but am too close to my calories I drink coffee with a bit of almond milk, it keeps me busy and helps me feel full.
  • ka_bateman
    ka_bateman Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    That 94% fat free Act popcorn is like 20 calories for the whole bag....I know it sounds gross, but I dip it in mustard since I can't add butter. I think many of us are having the same issues this time of year!
  • nacarat
    Options
    Apples! With a sprinkling of cinnamon. And a cheeky bit of almond butter if your definition of 'low-calorie' is more generous than that :p
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Brussels sprouts!! :)
    Or at least that's what i'm having as a filling snack right now haha
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    cashews, or almonds, healthier if they are unsalted, taste better if they are. :)
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    That 94% fat free Act popcorn is like 20 calories for the whole bag....I know it sounds gross, but I dip it in mustard since I can't add butter. I think many of us are having the same issues this time of year!
    are you sure about the cal count of that? is it a small bag? i get the orville redenbachs and it is 100 for the kettle corn but fills me up fast and satisfies my sweet tooth
  • kjkb2tx
    Options
    I like pretzels or a rice cake with a little peanut butter on it.
  • bigwill5
    bigwill5 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Apples and peanut butter
  • Janice032557
    Janice032557 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I was very hungry, and didn't want to eat until tonight but ended up having a cup of red seedless grapes and a bottled water. The hunger is gone!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    oatmeal, cream of wheat, apple with peanut butter on it, coffee with a biscotti (it helps me feel like i have had a real treat) carmel corn mini rice cakes, popcorn, kettlecorn, a rice cake with cream cheese and jelly on it, soup, hard boiled egg, I hope this helps
  • Janice032557
    Janice032557 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    are you sure about the cal count of that? is it a small bag? i get the orville redenbachs and it is 100 for the kettle corn but fills me up fast and satisfies my sweet tooth
    I agree with annabellj, if you really look at the calorie counts on bags of popcorn, you actually have to do some math to figure out the correct calorie count. Most bags of popcorn are at least 100 calories.
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    What about a protein shake? If you make it with water - you're only talking 100-120 calories and high protein (obviously), low carbs and sugar (depending on the brand) and you can make it with milk for only about 70-80 calories more?
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Something with protein and/or fiber......I use Greek Yogurt, grapes, Honeycrisp apples, nuts and cheese or jerky

Pam
  • SHDenver
    SHDenver Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    A 150 gram potato is only 110 calories, so one way I will cook them is to cut them in to thin chip-like pieces, use cooking spray and pan cook them on medium high until there's a good crisp on each side. I add no-salt sodium substitute, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and garlic powder to taste. I'll then use Heinz low-sugar ketchup (Though there's a ton of sodium in it. Whole snack is very filling and stays under 130 calories. You could also use sweet potato's for a little higher fiber content or a sweeter taste.
  • khua0808
    Options
    60 calorie pita breads toasted up in oven or toaster + 1 laughing cow wedge 25 calories spread on it + some sliced veggies + some deli meats = 120 calories total
  • victoria1957
    victoria1957 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am having a really hard time. I have gotten so far off track this past week and I am having a hell of a time getting back on track. Today I have done a good job staying with in my calorie limit but i have been hungry all day! I have just been fighting it, cause I can't think of anything else to do (drinking water is not helping tonight).

I finally gave in and had a glass of diet soda (it makes me feel bloated and full).

What are some healthy, low-cal, filling snacks I can eat when I can't beat the hunger?