healthy snacks and meal ideas needed

Options
im off to tesco soon and need tips on wot foods work best to stop u needin to eat crap! any ideas? x

Replies

• nevaehevol
    Options
    im off to tesco soon and need tips on wot foods work best to stop u needin to eat crap! any ideas? x
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    When I'm away from home I try to bring along some fruit and/or veggies to munch on before heading out for a meal....that way I've already curbed my hunger and I eat less of the restaurant foods. At home I love crunchy carrot sticks and snap peas and I'm a huge fan of fruits like strawberries and melons! Frozen green grapes are amazing too! My friends like to cut up apples and sprinkle them with cinnamon for a sweet and tastey treat! I've also been known to indulge in the handy 100 calorie packs, but I do limit to one package at a time!!! That's how I get in my chocolate!!!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Nuts are very good to have as snacks. I like pine nuts and almonds. Dates, raisins or other dried fruit are very good also. I generally buy in bulk then put baggies togethor that are in serving sizes. Bananas are easy to take in your purse. I also like to take some of the organic bars like lunas or clif or one of those.

For lunch and dinner I enjoy a good asian salad. I generally use a bag of coleslaw mix and add chicken and pine nuts. Then an asian dressing. A family favorite is salsa meat. Really easy a jar of salsa and meat of your choice. A crockpot and cook.

Hope those ideas will help you.
  • Shelladam
    Options
    If you're looking for something that feels a little naughty but isn't TOO bad you can sort through the crisps/chip aisle and find a few alternatives. Sainsburys do a Be Good to Yourself range of potato bites in different flavours that are about 70 cal for a 20g pack. I have found a similiar thing at ASDA and Weight Watchers also do some. You just have to keep an eye on the calories per pack as they all differ. They're not exactly healthy but they make you feel a little more normal especially when you could not even look at another piece of fruit. They're portion controlled which also helps. I presume if you mentioned Tesco you're in the UK!!!
  • Thielet
    Thielet Posts: 7
    Options
    As a child I hated vegetables passionately. Probably 'cause my mom would boil them to death and I'd turn my nose up at them (honestly, though, I love her...the woman is a great cook and does wonders with low-fat meals). Recently, though, I have fallen in love with a few kinds of veggies. I love sweet red peppers cut into strips with homemade dip: a half cup of fat-free sour cream mixed with LOADS of dill weed. That's all there is to it! It's a really tasty crunchy snack full of vitamin C and calcium. If you want a little more kick, add black pepper, lemon juice, and garlic powder (not garlic salt) to the sour cream.

Simplest thing ever but I eat it while I'm watching TV...the other option is Girl Scout cookies...and we know which is the better choice, right?

:wink:

Also, my all-time favorite dinner is a filet of salmon (once again, doused with dill weed and lemon), wild rice, and (believe it or not) Brussels sprouts with either lemon pepper or a little bit of reduced fat cheddar or American cheese melted on top. A hint, though, is not to get prepackaged rice because it is totally loaded with sodium. That's been my biggest challenge: not on the calories, but cutting back on the sodium!

Best wishes to you!