Working out at home...

Options
Do you put sneakers on or go barefoot.... When doing videos.. 30ds and such??

Allison

Replies

• shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    30ds I wear shoes, yoga or Pilates I go barefoot :)
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Always barefoot for me.

Pam
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Almost always wear shoes, but I do a lot of high impact, and it hurts the feet and knees if I don't
  • fordster99
    fordster99 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I wear shoes.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I use a treadmill so I wear sneakers JUST for the treadmill..they've never been on pavement. I wear sneakers for my dvd's too, just b/c of the floor Im on.
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I always go barefoot unless it starts to hurt, which is very seldom.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    thick socks and tennies for support
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Def. wear shoes. When I first started I wasn't wearing shoes and then I started having bad knee pains, after I started wearing shoes it went away.
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    when i started 30ds i was going barefoot but had serious pain in the calves. i started wearing shoes and a lot less pain.
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    Depends-

Cardio days - shoes and socks.
    Treadclimber - shoes and socks
    Weight lifting/strength training days - barefoot usually

Doin't do 30DS, but when I did it - shoes and socks.

I get sore spots in my feet if I do impact workouts without a cushion from a shoes. Also helps me with stability.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I only wear shoes if I'm going out to the garage (I like to jump rope in there) or if I am using resistance bands. When I step on a resistance band barefoot, it simply does not hold it down.

Otherwise, if I'm just jumping around and kicking on my carpet, I typically don't bother with shoes.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    treadmill i wear socks and shoes, elliptical bare feet and 30 ds i do bare too.... i find my shoes grab the carpet too much doing 30 ds and with just socks my feet slip on the carpet doing planks, etc so i go bare foot now!
  • Teksavvy
    Teksavvy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Bare feet with videos and weights; socks with elliptical
  • carcrsh
    Options
    I've been doing 30DS for 3 days so far and I just go barefoot. My feet got too hot in socks and I just dislike wearing shoes.
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    I always wear shoes. I'm on carpet everywhere in my house that I work out, but the traction on my shoes gives me better footing on the carpet than I have when I'm barefoot. The cushioning and stability of the shoes helps, too.
  • beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    always barefoot for me.
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    no shoes here, just socks...do what feels comfy for you!
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Bare foot!! No shoes in the home!!
  • abrantner
    Options
    Thanks for the responses.. :) I guess I will try it both ways.. will prob end up wearing the shoes in the long run, our "living room" is an addition to the main house and the flooring is an indoor/outdoor carpet over concrete.. May end up getting a mat to do the impact stuff on just for more cushion. Hugs you to all and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.. May 2012 end up w/ great losses.. (on the scale) :)
  • BeautyAndStrength50
    Options
    I wear socks and shoes better on your knees. You will regret it in the long run as when you are older because thats one of your body parts that seems to go out first or at least try too.. I do all of Jillians workouts Ripped N 30 is what really transformed my body Love her and hate her at the sametime.. lol.