Sun Tea

Options
yesicon2
yesicon2 Posts: 4
I'm new to fitness pal, and still learing a lot...I just put sun tea in my food diary and realized it's calorie free! I use a large glass jar (from Wally World on sale!) with the spicket at the bottom. Fill it up with water and dangle 4 tea bags (I use 2 regular tea and 2 green tea) from the lid. Place it out in the sun when I go to work in the morning and when I get home, just stick it in the fridge. Then I add about 1/2 c. of lemon and chill. Easy, cheep and really good! :drinker:

Replies

• yesicon2
    yesicon2 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm new to fitness pal, and still learing a lot...I just put sun tea in my food diary and realized it's calorie free! I use a large glass jar (from Wally World on sale!) with the spicket at the bottom. Fill it up with water and dangle 4 tea bags (I use 2 regular tea and 2 green tea) from the lid. Place it out in the sun when I go to work in the morning and when I get home, just stick it in the fridge. Then I add about 1/2 c. of lemon and chill. Easy, cheep and really good! :drinker:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I love summer sun tea!! I need to make some soon (except I'm from the South and it HAS to be sweet! ) :wink:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    add some fake sweetener and TA-DA! sweet tea!

I know there are lots of people who don't care for the fake sweeteners, but I think a bit isn't a big problem. better than all the HFCS that is is real COKE.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I skip all that work and use my iced tea maker! :laugh:

It's like a coffe maker except for tea. You load up the tea bags in the top, put water in the bottom and voila! In 5 min I have a GIANT pitcher of green tea!

I would die without it I think!!:bigsmile:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I skip all that work and use my iced tea maker! :laugh:

It's like a coffe maker except for tea. You load up the tea bags in the top, put water in the bottom and voila! In 5 min I have a GIANT pitcher of green tea!

I would die without it I think!!:bigsmile:

I used my Ice Tea Maker so much back in the day I broke the poor thing, wore it plumb out!

I can drink a gallon of sweet tea a day, no lie. Was a BIG part of my weight problem. I swapped it out for Kool Aid and the like, although as long as it's sweetened with artificial sweetners, it wouldn't be so bad, calorie wise.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I like my tea nice and plain so I don't add any sweets to mine. I'm afraid my iced tea maker will for sure meet the same fate as yours. It's already 5+ years old but it keeps on ticking. Best thing I ever bought!!
  • clmhgriz
    clmhgriz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I totally understand the "southern sweet tea!" There's nothing better! I've forgotten sometimes when I'm up north or out west, etc., and I've ordered "sweet tea." They say, "it's unsweetened but we have sweetner on the table." It just ain't the same! :happy: