slim-fast

Options
I was wondering who has used slim-fast and if it helped you to lose very much?

Replies

• tinamac
    tinamac Posts: 2
    Options
    I use slimfast and it helps me to maintain when I don't have lot of time to exercise. It has helped me lose a few (5) lbs when I do exercise. It is also really convenient when I am short on time. I drink their shakes, french vanilla is my favorite. I east their blueberry muffin bars and the chocolate nugat caramel bars. That is just as good as eating a candy bar and you don't have to feel like you are cheating.
  • eberent
    eberent Posts: 6
    Options
    I put a drink in the blender with some ice. It fills me up and lasts 2-3 hours. I like to have one for breakfast. It tastes like a milk shake so I feel like I'm cheating, but fills me up like a meal. I follow it with a decaf.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    In the past, when using Slim-Fast, I have to admit I didn't really stay away from bad foods. The sweet chocolatey flavor makes me crave something salty. They would keep me full, but I tend to "boredom-eat". And....I get bored easily with eating the same thing all the time....but they are a nice thing to have on a hetic day or when food just doesn't seem appealing, but you know you'll regret not eating.

One thing to remeber: they are filled with "fake" ingredients. Basically, if what you're eating or drinking has more then ten ingredients listed, and you have no clue what half are, it's probably not good for your body, even if it is easy!

Best of luck!
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    slimfast always leaves me STARVING. I always feel like I skipped a meal, and then I end up eating that meal or more at the next meal and therefore the slimfast always became just extra calories. They do have a lot of vitaminis and minerals in them, but I just take a multivitamin.
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I lost a bunch of weight on them (65lbs) but I gained most of it back after I stopped(40lbs). Good for a snack on the run, but I dont use it often.
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I drink a slim-fast for breakfast to help kickstart my metabolism. I never used to eat breakfast and I found it to be a convenient, low-cal way to have something without having too much. I also eat a banana if I have one and then eat a frozen dinner and apple or orange for lunch. Supper is usually normal or bigger, hence my problem losing the last 15 lbs.