Makeup Anyone?

Options
pipinana
pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
So, my sister passed on this info to me, and I wanted to share....

Apparently there is a great make-up company called e.l.f (eyes, lips, face). Well, they were purchased by Nordstrom, so the name of the company is now changing. In an effort to clear out their inventory with the old name, they are having an amazing sale on some fabulous make-up (nail stuff too…). Everything is only $1.00. Yes, I typed that correctly. ONE DOLLAR. Here is the link in case anybody in interested in some seriously great deals.

http://www.eyeslipsface.com/

Happy Shopping!!!

:flowerforyou: Pipi

Replies

• pipinana
    Options
    So, my sister passed on this info to me, and I wanted to share....

Apparently there is a great make-up company called e.l.f (eyes, lips, face). Well, they were purchased by Nordstrom, so the name of the company is now changing. In an effort to clear out their inventory with the old name, they are having an amazing sale on some fabulous make-up (nail stuff too…). Everything is only $1.00. Yes, I typed that correctly. ONE DOLLAR. Here is the link in case anybody in interested in some seriously great deals.

http://www.eyeslipsface.com/

Happy Shopping!!!

:flowerforyou: Pipi
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    Thank you! That is AWESOME!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Lillybelle1889
    Lillybelle1889 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    thank you so much. i only buy cruelty free makeup but its always so expensive. now i'm going to stock up! thanks a bunch!
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    While this may be real, BEWARE! I got a tip like this from a friend a few months ago- same make-up thru Nordstrom- it turned out to be fake.

Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    So i looked up this company and this is what the BBB says about it

this is what is on record with that company
    Based on BBB files, this business has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau, because there is a pattern of complaints, and the business has not corrected the underlying reason for the complaints.
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I've bought it before and it's fairly decent. I have a few things that I like (the kohl eyeliner, and a few eye shadow colors) and for $1 you really can't go wrong! If you're wary of buying it online they also sell it at some Kmarts and Big Lots but they don't have a very good selection. Happy shopping girlies! :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    If you are gonna order, here are some coupon codes. Don't know how many you can combine... may only be able to use one per order.

FREEBRUSH -- Get a FREE 5 piece brush set from e.l.f. Cosmetics with your order of $25 or more. Use coupon FREEBRUSH at checkout to receive this great free gift.

FREESHIP09 -- FREE SHIPPING with Coupon FREESHIP09 on any Order of $40 or More at EyesLipsFace.com Where All Makeup is Only $1! Shop Now!

CAROLINA -- Thanks to Z100 you get 50% off on orders up to $25!!!!

RADIO -- 50% off

ECTUTAY -- Buy one get one 50% off

oh gosh, there are a lot of codes.... here:
    http://www.retailmenot.com/view/eyeslipsface.com

Some work, some don't. Worth a shot if you are already purchasing from them!
  • Lillybelle1889
    Lillybelle1889 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The norstrom thing is a hoax. The have an article on their website about it. They always sell their product for $1. Going by the reviews I've read i'm not risking it. Everything said it was very small, orders were incomplete, costumer service was horrible, etc..
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I am NOT recommending anyone go against their good judgement by ANY means.
    BUT--
    My bestest bought some stuff and didn't have any complaints. She purchased a "Hypershine lip Gloss" in a shade she didn't like, so she passed it along to me.
    It smells like heaven. :love:
    I just looked -- haha -- aptly, the color is called JOY. It smells divine. I can't describe it. It's like baby powder and berries. I just had to put some on now because the smell is addictive. :blushing:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Well I just bought some so we'll see what happens. I paid thru paypal so if they don't deliver I will file a claim through paypal. For a $1 you can't really beat that.
  • pipinana
    Options
    Yeah, I placed my order yesterday through paypal....

I also already had to contact cust svs because I forgot to put a coupon code in w/ my order. They emailed me right back, and put it on.....

Hopefully I won't have bad luck, but I'm with you icepricess.... Can't beat $1! :smile: I mostly got nail polish and body lotion.....
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    I figure you can't go wrong for $1 lip gloss and they have a bunch of make-up brushes. We'll see.....
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I just ordered some stuff too....from their "about us" page it DOES look like their stuff is always pretty much $1....and I'm guessing their stuff is pretty tiny....but honestly I don't think I have ever went through an entire product except for stuff like foundation and maybe lip gloss. But nail polish and eyeliner and stuff like that, I either get tired of it, or have to toss it due to expiration before I can use it all, so $1 for smaller quantities is really not a bad deal as long as the quality is decent.
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    please be sure you are careful with your liquid products. they only have a shelf life of about 1yr. (and no one knows how long they have been sitting in a box in an overheated warehouse) and if you open the bottle and it smells,"odd" throw it out. :noway: make-up can spoil just like milk or mayo......I have been a cosmotologist for over 20yrs and you really can get some nasty infections from products that are used on your eyes and on your skin if your not careful. :cry: Myself, I only buy products that are guarenteed, "Rite Aid may be more expensive than $1, but you can return anything, for any reason" and a name that you can trust is worth alot when it comes to your health.
    Good luck .....:drinker: