just joined n have odd working hours

Options
just joined a day ago but i work in shifts. i did not want to wait so i started yesterday. the thing is i am working 11pm to 7am. i also worked friday but started 7am to 3pm then came back and worked friday11pm to sat.7am. started counting calories from sat. 8am. i ate close to midnight friday. not sure weather to count them for saterday. if anybody works a schedule like mine plz friend me. maybe you can give me pointers or we can figure it out. my worst times will be when i work this shift and am on call. slept for 2hrs since friday 6am. looking to sleep at least four more hours sunday.

Replies

• AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I don't work odd hours, but what I would suggest is going to your Food Tab, then Settings. On the left you can change your meal names to whatever you want so that it fits your lifestyle. You can name the meals and snacks whatever you want - just remember when you do this, it will change whatever you have logged in the past and put the meals in different categories, but at least it will be correct from that point on... If your hours are totally random, you may have to make lots of diferent labels, and may not use them each day, depending on your schedule... As long as your days include the full 24 hours, it sould all work out : )
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I don't work odd hours like that, but I have seen diaries on here divided by time slots. Like 9 am to 11 am and so on. You could do 4 hour slots and then just go what you eat by time instead of calling things "breakfast" or "dinner" :)
  • purple44444
    purple44444 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of odd eating hours too, between work and school. I work a lot of nights but have to be up all day for classes on school days. Sometimes it helps me to count a midnight meal as the next day's breakfast. Just keep tracking what you eat, even if the calories don't always add up on the "weird" days. Tracking what you eat will make you more conscious of it and keep you from eating too much!
  • veronicastelo
    Options
    I do shift work but the latest I would ever finish would be 3am. How I do my diary is not based on time but on three meals because that's what I usually eat so even though my "day" may span over two days as I may have breakfast at 2pm and dinner early the next morning I put it down as one day and it kind of works itself out.
  • raindropwishes
    Options
    My partner hasn't used MFP for about 3 months; but she works similar hours. Also recommend you dividing your diary into time rather than names :)

Good luck! :)
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i work a rotating shift that alternates between a few days shifts and then night shifts. check out my diary, i changed my meal names to blocks of hours. and no, i don't have a block for 12am-4am because even if i'm awake, i find that if i eat during that time, i get a little sick.

remember, your body doesn't operate on a day to day basis. it is a long term machine, and should be treated as such. if you have your "dinner" at 8am and your "breakfast" at 7pm, it doesn't matter.
  • springermad
    Options
    I have added you, I work strange hours too x