Mommies, what did you get for Mother's Day?

Options
GTOgirl1969
GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
I got a night shirt that says "Mom", a potted rose plant, and a tomato plant that has herbs growing alongside the tomatoes. What did you all get?

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    Options
    I got a night shirt that says "Mom", a potted rose plant, and a tomato plant that has herbs growing alongside the tomatoes. What did you all get?
  • dimplzz
    dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Breakfast in bed and 2 cards, one from my 16 month old and one from my husband. My hubby doesn't usually write in the cards (just started this year after 13 years of being together!) and he wrote about a half page about how he is so proud of me for losing weight and juggling so many other things. It was really sweet. :love:
  • spease21
    spease21 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am new here. For Mother's Day, I got a Wii Fit, dinner cooked by my hubby. He even drew me a bath, with candles and tea!
  • ericac
    ericac Posts: 2,679
    Options
    I got seperated....lol, Really!.....but I'm happy and relieved:happy: Sometimes that's the way life goes and it's not always a bad thing.:flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Recently separated, but he did give me a card (from my 3 y/o).
    Kiddo made me paper flowers at school.
    A card from my bestest.
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    I got seperated....lol, Really!.....but I'm happy and relieved:happy: Sometimes that's the way life goes and it's not always a bad thing.:flowerforyou:

Wow, that sucks...but I am glad that you're making something positive out of it!!
  • LostinCali
    LostinCali Posts: 155
    Options
    I got more gray hairs ...
  • ja2009
    ja2009 Posts: 60
    Options
    I got The book on cd, In Praise of Stay-at-Home Moms by Dr. Laura, from my husband and 19 month old son.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    My daughter took me to lunch on Friday b/c she had to work Sunday. We went to Jason's deli and I had a marvelous salad!
    My husband gave me a cute card, my son also gave me a nice card and he and his ex brought the kids over and we all went swimming in our pool. We had loads of fun. Then we took them out for dinner. I really enjoyed seeing the boys and seeing my son and his ex getting along. I think they might work out thier problems and get back together. At least I hope so, they are good for each other.

Memaw:flowerforyou:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    two out of the five stepkids said "happy mother's day" to me. One of them at ten o'clock at night.:ohwell: Hope they called their Mom.

my DH took me on a drive into San Francisco and out to lunch at a place I love. the weather was beautiful. we tried to go to the zoo, but admission was free and it was totally swamped.

pretty uneventful:indifferent:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I got a homemade card from my son, a card and a corsage from my daughter and son-in-law and a flower at church. All the mom's get a flower at church. :happy: I was hoping for a printer for my computer but everybody's broke. :ohwell: Oh, plus my son, went to Dairy Queen and bought me lunch then we went for a long walk. It was nice.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    DH and son gave me a Polar F6
    DS wrote me a poem
    My mom and dad gave me a new outfit - shorts and a top.
    My dogs gave me another mess to clean up in the family room... lol
  • ericac
    Options
    A card from my bestest.

*** Hey Lauryn...Wanna start a club?.....lol I told him and moved out the same weekend...pretty harsh but it was time! When I'm done... I'm done!......I like your signature....very true!! ttyl, Erica:flowerforyou:
  • ericac
    Options

Wow, that sucks...but I am glad that you're making something positive out of it!!
    It's not a bad thing in this case......I can find myself again and get back to being me! I had to do what is going to make me happy and that starts right here!......thanks for the note!.......:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: ...Erica
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    My DH says that the extra money we paid to have a balcony when we go on our cruise was my mother's day gift :laugh: :laugh: (his fault for saying anything under $6000 was fine... I took the balcony because it was under his limit... lol)

My son got me some happy bunny socks and a gift certificate for a local tanning/spa place. It's for 20 minutes in the moisture bed, followed by 12 minutes in the high pressure bed. The moisture bed is a pod that you lay in with your head sticking out (on a nice comfy pillow) and it heats up to 140 degrees while spraying your body with emolients and melanin and aromatherapy. There's mood lighting and music, and the pad you lie on vibrates... I'm soooo looking forward to it! The high pressure bed that comes after it is a tanning bed that blocks the UV rays that burn you. I had a friend tell me that she did the package, and came out very tan afterwards (I think it's the melanin they spray on you as well)... The coming out tan is a bonus, but I am really looking forward to the moisture bed!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    A card from my bestest.

*** Hey Lauryn...Wanna start a club?.....lol I told him and moved out the same weekend...pretty harsh but it was time! When I'm done... I'm done!......I like your signature....very true!! ttyl, Erica:flowerforyou:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I was thinking the same thing!!! I told mine in Sept things had better change or we'd end up divorced. I told him in Dec I wanted a separation. He didn't think I was serious, he's told me recently. On April 15, my parents came over and without warning, we moved out (much less than) half our stuff. I moved in with my folks. It's tough (we have a 3.5 year old and I'm losing my job next week!) but I deserve happiness, and I'm out to find it!!!

BTW, I was trolling through your profile photos. Hawt dang!! You look AH-MAZING!!!
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    My sons (19 & 14) got me a dozen beautiful roses, and it was all on their own accord! My husband who is not their father got me a running skort and bike computer, it was also my husband's birthday and he had to work so we shared the evening :happy:
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    My DH gave me a card, roses, a hammock, breakfast in bed and made a yummy dinner for me. My son (I guess finally remembered it was Mother's Day later on and) phoned. Thank goodness for a great husband:love:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I got a trip to Floriday to visit the youngest DD. We are leaving tonight. DH wanted to give me a flight and rental car but it was to much $ so we are driving down. This works out good because we can bring the dog and some of DDs stuff.

pettmybunny, I'm jealous of the cruise. They are my all time favorite vacations. With the winter you've had you deserve one. I was in Ishpeming for mothers day weekend. What was up with that snow on Saturday?
  • BlazinEmerald
    BlazinEmerald Posts: 842
    Options
    I got what I asked for from hubby :happy: Memory sticks, 3 of em, 2 gb each for my camera , so I can take lots of pics while we are back home. My son made me a painting at school. My step-daughters came over to say Happy Mother's Day (something they didn't tell their mother and they live with her :ohwell: ) and my step-son's best friend came over to tell me happy mother's day lol. Step son remembered at about 10 pm.

My day was spent doing laundry and preparing for our 2 week trip home to mom and dads.