Does anyone else work in fast food?

Options
I work at red rooster and sometimes the going can be so tough with the stress and the cravings, I cave in and eat food I know is horrendously bad for me. Anyone have any tips on how to stop? :)

Replies

• Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I work in a bar next to a canteen (sport) and always fell into the mindless snacking. I wish I could give advise, other than to bring your own food.

Red Rooster isn't TOOO bad if you get the right stuff. (the normal chickens they cook aren't processed right? RIGHT? :) )
  • SMCLosesIt
    SMCLosesIt Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I work in a gas station and we have fried food, burgers etc in a hot box on the counter....very hard not to look at when I am working on the console (I also work in the kitchen on different shifts) I try and mentally wrap the hot box in red tape so that I don't venture in there but sometimes I do cave in and eat something - I especially like dim sims! I just try and make up for it the next day or don't eat my snack that I usually plan for when I get home in the evening to try and balance out the calories abit.
  • kaleigh91
    Options
    I work in a bakery. cakes cakes cakes cakes as well as pasties and pies. I very rarely eat any of it now honestly because I remind myself 1) one item is half my calories for the day 2) it is crap ie. bad for you, heartburn, grease 3) I dont want to make my weight loss journey harder
    Take a natura yoghurt or an apple in. I find if i do that it usually fills me up with the help of water and tea.
    You should allow yourself something you really like every now and again, but up your exercise for that day so you don't feel bad afterwards (: xxx
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I used to work in fast food when I was in high school( I work in both a sub sandwich joint and Culvers).

We'd always eat samples of the custard(it's like ice cream) and the greasy burgers/fries on break.

After awhile, I just got sick of the food because I ate it 24/7 pretty much... and knowing how they make some of the food, also made me not want it as often.
  • kyliegroat
    Options
    Ugh, I'm right there with you! I have two jobs - one at a convenience store, one at McDonalds. Healthy options at either are pretty rare - it's especially hard at McD's, since we get a 50% discount before/after shifts & on breaks. I try to stick to salads & grilled chicken options. The smoothies are great too! I really can't give any useful tips other than packing a lunch to bring with you.
  • algoldsw
    Options
    bringing your own food is helpful. I work at a doctors office and reps bring lunches a lot and its not always good for me lol. But i also have 2 little kids and grab fast food pretty frequently. but i normally get a salad. all fastfood places sell them now. and i normally get them with chicken on it and if i feel like i want more than that i add a small fry. fatfree dressing of course.
  • allofourdreams
    allofourdreams Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    i work at Sonic.. i'm a cook and i always bring my lunch. sometimes i don't have time to eat it cause we're so busy i can't go on break so i bring a little plastic bag filled with peanuts and put it in my back pocket.. i munch on them whenever i have the chance. i do know what has the least amount of calories out of everything i cook in case i do have to eat something there one day. normally i'll make myself my version of the mcdonalds angus swiss mushroom snack wrap.. it normally comes to around 480 calories. i would say just stay aware of what you're putting in your mouth and remind yourself just how un-healthy most of it is :) it's hard, but i do it everyday :)