Anyone using Wii or XBox 360 games for fitness?

Options
I'm looking at buying one in the sales. Which is better?
Anyone tried Biggest Loser Challenge or Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout?
They sound quite similar in the sales pitches.
Cheers :flowerforyou:
...and Merry Christmas

Replies

• MatteosMommy
    Options
    haven't used those but love love love my wii dance. lost 25lbs being consistant with it in 3 months. 4xs/week
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    the dance games are awesome! love the kinect the best and the wii sports i love also. boxing is great they have step. yoga and such. and the kinect games are killer workouts. i get really sweaty with the one i am thinking of. theres one i cant remember what it called but there are different games you can play together with the kids. will look at it and get back to you.
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I love Biggest Loser Challenge. You decide the type and frequency you work out as well as the intensity. Then each weigh in day you complete a challenge. If you don't get enough points (work outs, challenges and weigh ins give you points) you could be eliminated....

It has 5 intensities and although I thought I was unfit and went for 'challenging' which is the middle one i think i need to up that to hard.

I really like it but EA Sports Active 2 gives me a harder workout. I suppsoe the games are what you make of them and if I keep BLC on a lower setting it will be too easy and that's my fault not the game's!
  • SherriH69
    Options
    I love the Wii Country Dance 2. I'm pouring sweat when I get done! Also bowling is fun and golf. I think anytime you're moving you're burning calories.
  • DinaLKeil
    DinaLKeil Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Got the Xbox 360 Zumba for Kinect....kicks my butt! Very challenging. Also wondering what the opinions are on the Biggest Loser type games....
  • mummy72
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback - I have bought the XBox 360 with Kinect. Just waiting for my Biggest Loser Ultimate workout game to arrive on order - sold out in New Zealand, and will let you know if it's any good. I think I may also get the Dance ones too. Really tempted to try Zumba but really hate the music.

Cheers
    Amanda ;o)
  • ash2455
    Options
    OMG Zumba Fitness 2 on Wii is absolutely amazing! You lose around 600-800 calories an hour (depending on the songs you do) It even tells you how much calories you lose and you can win awards that keep you motivated. Fabulous game, i am in love with it.
    I do an hour at least 4 times a week! It's absolute fun and a great family activity. I highly recommend it for anyone! :)
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Haven't used either one of those. . but I love my Wii Zumba and Just Dance 2. . . . My brothers family swear by Wii Ea Sports!
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I love the Dance Central 2 on X Box Kinect:bigsmile: major calorie burner and super fun!
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I got a Wii for an early Christmas gift. One of the CDs I received was the Biggest Loser. I havent started it yet. I got the Wii Fitness Bundle and using the Wii Fit CD right now and I love it. I have some physical challenges and I can set the intensity rate to suit my needs. I cant wait to buy some more, particularly the dance ones.