NSV - compliment from my hubby after 3 yrs

Options
"Oh my you really have lost a lot, almost look like when we got married"

I am still 20 pounds from when we got married, but it was nice to finally hear a compliment from him. Stingy, he is very stingy with weight loss compliments.

I also fit into my size 2 pants, no I will not wear them in public, it is muffin top city, but I was able to button them.

I started in size 12's and bought every size in the same cut and make, now I wish I had bought a zero

I actually wear 8's, like to be comfortable in my pants.

I used to have a stack of pants that did not fit, today they all fit except for one, woo hooo!

The scale and I are not the best of friends so I live for these NSV's

On cloud 9!!!

Replies

• annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    thats fantastic! so happy for you! cant wait to fit back into my skinny jeans! 10 lbs to go!
  • ConnieM20
    ConnieM20 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    thats awesome, your almost there! keep up the good work
  • pthomp2268
    Options
    Wtg!
  • swati37
    swati37 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    tats like awesome....
  • Amas77
    Amas77 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    hooray!
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    That is fantastic!!
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Congratulation on the weight loss! And the compliment too! Men usually don't notice that stuff, or don't know how to go about giving a compliment!

Before I get flamed for that....I don't mean ALL men, but plenty of them!
  • ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    That is awesome..compliments really do keep one motivated. Yesterday my sister told me I looked as good as when I was in high school and that was over 20 yrs ago!
  • stephevers1227
    stephevers1227 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Yay! That was a nice compliment! Haha, my husband said I looked good naked the other day...i'll take it!
  • crystalinda
    crystalinda Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    "Oh my you really have lost a lot, almost look like when we got married"

I am still 20 pounds from when we got married, but it was nice to finally hear a compliment from him. Stingy, he is very stingy with weight loss compliments.

I also fit into my size 2 pants, no I will not wear them in public, it is muffin top city, but I was able to button them.

I started in size 12's and bought every size in the same cut and make, now I wish I had bought a zero

I actually wear 8's, like to be comfortable in my pants.

I used to have a stack of pants that did not fit, today they all fit except for one, woo hooo!

The scale and I are not the best of friends so I live for these NSV's

On cloud 9!!!

Fantastic!!! What a great Christmas surprise, congrats!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Random question, why doesn't he give many weight loss compliments? O.o
  • alabughosh
    alabughosh Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my husband doesn't notice either. He said, "I don't notice that you lost weight, but you are acting like a person who is losing weight, and I like it. That's all that I can really perceive." So..... at least he's honest.
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    That's great. Hold onto that.

My wife will compliment me when prompted :o) But yesterday after putting on the clothes you see me in she went crazy. :noway: :embarassed: :love: :bigsmile:
  • letmebeda1_wechange
    Options
    congrats!!! keep up the great job.

13651868.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Random question, why doesn't he give many weight loss compliments? O.o

I wish I could answer that, may be I hire a trainer to have him say the right stuff!
    Lucrative business idea:laugh:
  • getfitnfab
    Options
    Yay! That was a nice compliment! Haha, my husband said I looked good naked the other day...i'll take it!

That is indeed a great compliment!
  • Julz2
    Julz2 Posts: 15
    Options
    My husband has not said anything in form of a compliment for weight lose. I know he notices it is way to much weight to not be seen, but I also know how nice it must have felt to finally get noticed. I am so happy for you and wish you the best on your journey. Just remember it doesn't really matter what anyone thinks as long as when you look in the mirror you can smile.
  • getfitnfab
    Options
    My husband has not said anything in form of a compliment for weight lose. I know he notices it is way to much weight to not be seen, but I also know how nice it must have felt to finally get noticed. I am so happy for you and wish you the best on your journey. Just remember it doesn't really matter what anyone thinks as long as when you look in the mirror you can smile.

Thank you, yes we are doing it for ourselves, but nice to be complimented

He surely notice's if i gain and is not so nice about it
  • getfitnfab
    Options

Thank you, yes we are doing it for ourselves, but nice to be complimented

He surely notice's if i gain and is not so nice about it
  • Julz2
    Julz2 Posts: 15
    Options
    I hear that! You just keep up your great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!